Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

my LR hack

jeremybenthamjeremybentham Alum Member
edited November 2016 in Logical Reasoning 137 karma
hey guys, just wanted to share with you how i've been drilling LR recently and let you know that so far it has been paying off.

i'm sure its nothing ground breaking and has certainly been done before, but it has helped me anticipate the answer choices :) -- it occurred to me after hearing Johnathan say that he never uses POE to get to the answer choices...

http://imgur.com/wFQnSGE

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    edited November 2016 27823 karma
    Edit: problem resolved:)
  • jeremybenthamjeremybentham Alum Member
    137 karma
    does that fix it?
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @jeremybentham said:
    does that fix it?
    I see it now!

Cool! So you're writing pre-phrased answers on notecards first before heading into the answer choices? I think that can be a great method to practice during drilling.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited November 2016 23929 karma
    P.S. Is there a way you can use an editor to blur the actual questions? Unfortunately, because of LSAC licensing fees and such you aren't aloud to post real questions like that @jeremybentham.
    137 karma
    ya exactly, i figure if i can write down my ideas before hand in 35 minutes, i should be in good shape -- plus if i get a question wrong, i can see what i was thinking at the time
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @jeremybentham said:
    ya exactly, i figure if i can write down my ideas before hand in 35 minutes, i should be in good shape -- plus if i get a question wrong, i can see what i was thinking at the time
    That's a great idea man! I do something similar during BR when I take timed sections. However, I like the added idea of notecards to better keep track of things!
    137 karma
    @"Alex Divine" hey tried my best to blur, sorry i'm not very good at that stuff :S
  • westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma
    @jeremybentham . Digging your username, drill method and your choice of blurring out the stimuli :D This might be something useful to try out. Thank you!
    27823 karma
    Yeah, that's a cool exercise. Just make sure you don't train yourself to become overly attached to your prephrase. They love screwing with us by sneaking in something under the radar of a big obvious prephrase. For example, they love writing flaw question arguments with two flaws; one big and obvious, the other little and subtle. They are counting on you to prephrase the obvious flaw, and then they give you a beautiful trap answer choice. Even if you see why it doesn't quite work, it will be the only thing that even remotely resembles your prephrase and you will select it if you are letting a prephrase close your mind to other possibilities.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @jeremybentham said:
    @"Alex Divine" hey tried my best to blur, sorry i'm not very good at that stuff :S
    I'm guessing that's fine, haha. Thanks!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @westcoastbestcoast said:
    @jeremybentham . Digging your username
    I'm more of a John Stuart Mill fan myself, lol. Just kidding, cool username. :)
    27823 karma
    Interesting fact: Jeremy Bentham had his friends publicly dissect him after he'd died. He was then stuffed with straw, dressed, and wheeled around to parties, all according to his instructions. Today, he still resides at University College London, where his body is still on display and where his mummified head is kept in a box.
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    This is great @jeremybentham I like how you custom fit all of yours! I do something similar too but use this in most sections. It really helped me improve my confidence, I just wished I had started doing it sooner in RC. Now I am in the phase of moving my notes to the side and blocking choices with eraser when actually taking the test.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    Interesting fact: Jeremy Bentham had his friends publicly dissect him after he'd died. He was then stuffed with straw, dressed, and wheeled around to parties, all according to his instructions. Today, he still resides at University College London, where his body is still on display and where his mummified head is kept in a box.
    That is very interesting! I had no idea about literally any of this and I was a Philosophy major and studied Bentham extensively. Shame on me!

Thanks @"Cant Get Right"
    27823 karma
    Coincidentally @"Alex Divine" , I found this out because me and a couple friends made a similar deal for when we die. I researched if there was any precedent and there came up ole JB. I've added the stipulation that they can't put funny hats on me. Unless it's a party, of course.