Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The final two weeks... PT/BR or focus on LG?

J. TharpJ. Tharp Alum Member
in General 575 karma
I know the forums always gets inundated with frantic, nervous posts around this time, and I hate to add to them, but I need some advice on how to spend the next two weeks.

Let me start off by saying that I'm not going to postpone, even though I know many of you will think that I should. I am taking advantage of an "early entry" program that my school (OU) offers to its undergraduates. I am pretty much already accepted unless I just completely blow it. The top 25 percent LSAT score at OU is a 159 and my current average is a 164. I would love to eventually get a 170 for scholarship reasons, but I've been told that if I retake in February, they will take that score into consideration as well. I just need an LSAT score now so that I can finish my application ASAP.

Last week, I took 3 recent PT and scored 166 on two and 167 on one. Then, I took a proctored test under test conditions and scored a 163 mostly due to freaking out during LG which continues to be my worst section. If I am able to get through 3 games, I should have no problem getting a 166-167 or higher because I'm getting -2 to -3 in the other sections. I have never been able to get through an entire LG section during a timed test and they are just the bane of my existence.

So, how do you guys think I should spend these last two weeks? Here are my current possible scenarios, but I'm open to other suggestions:

1. Take 3 timed PT/BR this week (72, 77, 79 on MWF) and then retake a test I've already done (78) on Monday but timed per section then focus on drilling LG T-TH the week of the test.

or

2. Take 2 timed PT/BR this week (77 and 79) and otherwise focus on drilling LG until the Friday before the test.

Maybe the differences are subtle but basically should I spend the majority of my time taking timed PT/BR or focusing on LG?

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma
    Focus on LG. 3 PTs in one week is too many in any case!
  • J. TharpJ. Tharp Alum Member
    575 karma
    Thanks @"Cant Get Right"! Maybe I was being a little too optimistic because I've been trying to take 3 PT a week for the last month and yet I only ever take 2.
    27822 karma
    Haha, I bet! I hope not getting to the third is from thorough review of the two causing you to run out of time rather than from burn out:)
    575 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" the former! I'm dedicated to the 7sage way :)
    27822 karma
    @"J. Tharp" said:
    the former! I'm dedicated to the 7sage way :)
    That's what I like to hear:)
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    I would focus on logic games if your score is not consistently -0 , especially if you are aiming for a 170.

If you haven't done most of the 70s series tests by this point in your prep you may want to consider postponing until you have. I think a big reason some people did so poorly on both the June 16' and Sept 16' LSAT is because they hadn't done enough of the 70s tests. So be certain to do these!
    575 karma
    Thanks @"Alex Divine"! I will have completed most of the 70's tests. I don't really think a 170 is possible this time unless I'm lucky, but like I said I just need a score to finish my application. I've heard from past OU Law students that OU will revise your financial aid according to a higher retake score even if you retake it the June before classes start. So, I'm going to hope for the best. But I agree, if I could get to -0 on LG (which I know is possible) then getting a 170 would be a breeze!
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @"J. Tharp" said:
    Thanks @"Alex Divine"! I will have completed most of the 70's tests. I don't really think a 170 is possible this time unless I'm lucky, but like I said I just need a score to finish my application. I've heard from past OU Law students that OU will revise your financial aid according to a higher retake score even if you retake it the June before classes start. So, I'm going to hope for the best. But I agree, if I could get to -0 on LG (which I know is possible) then getting a 170 would be a breeze!
    Then aim for that my man! I know how much work you've been putting into this from seeing your posts, so I want you to know that I believe in you my friend!

Good luck! (not that you'll need it)
  • Daniel2433Daniel2433 Alum Member
    138 karma
    OU as in the University of Oklahoma? If so are you in Norman? I'd love to meet up and get some feed back from someone who is scoring in the 160s!
    575 karma
    @dmtavera1 hey! Yes, I'm in Norman! When are you taking the test?
  • Daniel2433Daniel2433 Alum Member
    138 karma
    I'm taking it again in December, hopefully my last time