PT1.S3.Q10 - even in a democracy

SeriousbirdSeriousbird Alum Member
edited November 2016 in Logical Reasoning 1278 karma
If someone can explain to me why B is correct and C is wrong I would be most appreciative. My thought process is below:

Although dissemination of national security and commercial information should be restricted/prohibited (based on the condition), the spread of scientific information should always be allowed.

A) Yes, this country can distinguish potential competitors or enemies based on the stimulus.

B) If technology is restricted, then the general public does not need that information on public policy issues.

C) I said this one was not a necessary assumption because we have no idea about democratic vs. non democratic countries relative proportion of advancement.

D) This has to be true as the stimulus requires a distinction of scientific information vs commercial and national security.

E) This could be true if MNC uses technology but doesn't share it internationally.

PLEASE HELP!!! I really cannot see why C is wrong and B is correct. Thank you in advance.

Comments

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma
    Hey @sweetsecret,

So when I did the question I got the same answer as you and I looked at my answer key, the correct answer is "C". Are you sure you looked at the right answer key?
  • SeriousbirdSeriousbird Alum Member
    1278 karma
    @Sami thanks for your response! Your correct, C is the correct answer!! Thanks for clarifying.. :D
  • SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma
    Haha lol no worries :) :)