Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Taking the LSAT cold

NapesterNapester Alum Member
in General 11 karma
I keep seeing this expression about taking Preptest cold. What is that exactly? Because I think I may be doing that, since when I take a practice test the first section kinda just smacks me in the face and about halfway through the second section I begin to find my rhythm and get comfortable with the test. Is there any way to fix this?

Comments

• dennisgerrarddennisgerrard Member
    1644 karma
    do PT without any preparation= cold test
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited November 2016 23929 karma
    @Napester said:
    I keep seeing this expression about taking Preptest cold.
    It just means taking your first practice test before you've had any LSAT preparation.

• SherryS1SherryS1 Member
    477 karma
    I keep seeing this expression about taking Preptest cold. What is that exactly?
    Agree with the other posters. In the context you're using it however, it may be that you didn't "warm up".

Many folks recommend doing a couple easy LR problems or an easy game to get in the mindset before taking the test.
    when I take a practice test the first section kinda just smacks me in the face and about halfway through the second section I begin to find my rhythm and get comfortable with the test.
    I think we all work up momentum :)
    Is there any way to fix this?
    Try "warming up". I also think more practice has helped me hit my stride more quickly.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27823 karma
    @SherryS1 said:
    I think we all work up momentum :)
    Is there any way to fix this?
    Try "warming up". I also think more practice has helped me hit my stride more quickly.

Good call @SherryS1 . I did a couple of games, an RC passage and like the first 10 LR in a section for my warm up. It typically got me ready to hit the ground running.