Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to Rewrite?

jschmi25jschmi25 Alum Member
edited July 2014 in General 62 karma
Hey guys so I used 7sage here to help me reach my goal of 163 on June LSAT with 4 weeks of studying. I crammed the LSAT in that time, crunching PT 50-71 and doing the entire course with Power LR/RC bible. With that being said I under performed on this LSAT to my PTs, going -14 on RC. Any advice on how to prepare for a September retake? Anything under 170 really won't help me very much either.

Comments

• lsathopefullsathopeful Alum Member
    263 karma
    A huge difference between your PT score and your test day score can be a result of not refining your test day strategies (e.g. not doing enough practice under test-like conditions.) Do you think it would be helpful for you to go over the RC videos on 7sage again? There's also Manhattan LSAT, which has a new RC book that came out and may be helpful. And JY has recommended this book before, but the LSAT Trainer seems to have a pretty good RC section/overview. They have sample chapters on their website that give a pretty good idea of what is included in the book. Here are two chapters from the book that may help you! Good luck!

http://www.thelsattrainer.com/assets/4readingcompbasics.pdf
    http://www.thelsattrainer.com/assets/37readingcomprehensionreview.pdf
  • jschmi25jschmi25 Alum Member
    62 karma
    I have heard really good things about the Manhattan RC book, as well as the LSAT trainer those were both materials I have thought about looking into so I'm glad to hear someone bring them up again. I do believe it was primarily timing, just got nervous on test day and felt the pressure on RC more then the other sections.
  • lsathopefullsathopeful Alum Member
    263 karma
    @jschmi25

In that case, I would really recommend looking at the second link I included in the last comment - that chapter specifically talks about timing issues for RC. Also, just make sure not to get caught up with the learning phase (i.e. reading test prep books/watching videos) - I think the Trainer should be more than enough to help you with your timing issues and general problems with RC. And you can always take a look at the Manhattan book after if you find that you still have issues.