Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Disagreement questions

icecreamparfaiticecreamparfait Free Trial Member
edited November 2016 in General 82 karma
I think sometimes they disagree each other in both premise and conclusion, (different premises and lead to opposite conclusions)
and sometimes they only disagree with either premise or conclusion. (arrive at the same conclusion using different premises or using the same premise but arrive at the different conclusion)
When they have opposite conclusions and different premises, the question can really ask either about premise and concision discrepancy right?

For example, PT79S4Q20.
They disagree with both premises conclusions right?
The conclusions are implied---For Edgar, the conclusion is do NOT shutdown, but for Rafaela, DO shutdown.

Comments

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    Bumping so more people see
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27885 karma
    I think Edgar's conclusion is implied, but Rafaela's conclusion is just that Ed's missing the point. I'm not sure if they do disagree with each other's premises though. Maybe Rafaela does think it would be absurd to inconvenience people for something inconsequential. It's not that Rafaela necessarily disagrees with this notion, it's that she doesn't think that that's what is happening.

In general though, yes, the disagreement can fall to any part of the argument.