Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bubble broader than the circle?

lucidream0621lucidream0621 Member
in General 25 karma
Hi everyone,

Upcoming Dec test taker here. A question about stray marks on the answer sheet has troubled me recently.

If I fill in the whole circle, and broader than the circle itself (so it covers the bubble entirely), but not to the extend that the mark touches the edge of bubbles of other answer choices, would that count as a stray mark and thus not admitted?

I originally thought that they only scan answers within the circle and thus as long as no other answers have anything in it, while one answer has everything filled, it will be fine; but I recently read an example of stray mark that worried me. (If someone hand score it, it may appear apparent which answer the test taker chose)

For example, on the right, question 7 and 25, if there is only 1 answer, the one on the right, filled for each question, will it still be a correct mark?

http://www.iitianspace.com/images/OMR-filling-guidline.pdf

Can someone explain the science of OMR and how are machines processed?

Much appreciated!

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27823 karma
    I'll have to leave the explanation of the machines to someone else, but I can tell you this: Just fill in the bubble and only the bubble!