Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RC scoring tactic

Hi Guys,

As a general rule of thumb to score for a 170, for RC, at the current level, I can get level 1-2 difficulty -0; level 3 -0~-1; Level 4: -1~-2; Level 5: -2~--3.

How can you improve level 5 question answering accuracy. During review, I will spend almost 1 hour on the passage, and looking at it, I just have no idea how to not miss the question when under timed exam.

Should I get a tutor like Nicole to help out? Or how can you shore up those points?

Comments

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    Now that Nicole is in law school, I don't think she is available for tutoring any longer. Have you checked out her webinar on RC though? Many have benefited from it.
  • SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    edited December 2016 10774 karma
    Hey,

So the answer I think depends on time management. For example, I tend to find detail oriented passage and questions difficult because they require me to go back. So I have learned to better manage time so I can spend a bit of time on them.

But there is a list of tutors available on 7sage. I am currently on my phone and at work or I would post the link. But if nobody does that, I'll be happy to do that for you in the evening.
  • Stevie CStevie C Alum Member
    645 karma
    I think it comes down to a combination of things, all of which can be improved with practice

1) General reading comprehension ability
    2) Memory/recall ability
    3) Finding the right notation strategy (which is potentially none)
    4) Question answering strategy
    5) Question skipping/guessing strategy
    6) Vocabulary -- I think some of the questions are greatly eased by understanding differences in meaning between similar words. I also think many people overestimate their vocabulary.