Study group for Moms/Dads

angelica31angelica31 Alum Member
Hi all,
I wanted to see how many of you would be interested in a study group for all us parents. More like a study/support group as being a parent while studying for the LSAT presents its own unique set of challenges. I think we can learn from each other as we go through this process together.
Let me know!

Comments

• Bevs ScooterMinionBevs ScooterMinion Alum Member
    edited December 2016 1018 karma
    I agree!! I'm in! Wooohoooo!

A little about me (for those that don't know):
    - I'm preparing to sit for the June 2017 LSAT as I postponed my December 2016's sit. :/
    - My 3 kids range in ages from 14-25 (oldest is disabled). Even though my kids may be older, I don't presume to know everything---I have a bunch of experience that I just need to put together into some semblance of order. I can say with much certainty: the only thing I know for sure is that I don't know much (Thanks, Socrates).
    Can hardly wait to get some great, real world "juggling" and motivation tips too!

Let's destroy this LSAT beast!

image --my first gif. :D
  • M.Yanka106M.Yanka106 Member
    113 karma
    I am interested in this study group. I am preparing for Sep 2017. Mom of 2 here
  • a.ruqaiiaa.ruqaiia Alum Member
    114 karma
    I'm totally in for a parent study/support group! It's so important to be reminded we are one of many who are facing similar struggles and challenges that comes with being a parent. Looking forward to this group!
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    All the parents on here are very inspiring to me! Although I am not a parent, I do work full-time, and to know that many of you are working AND raising a family makes motivates me to give this prep my all! Thank you :) And good luck
  • angelica31angelica31 Alum Member
    76 karma
    @"Alex Divine" thank-you!! Good luck to you as well :)
  • alicia.brooks0519alicia.brooks0519 Free Trial Member
    15 karma
    I'm definitely interested! I'm planning to sit for the Feb 2017 test and I'm struggling to balance it all... I work full-time and have 2 kids; 10 and 2. Thanks so much for this and I'm looking forward to it!
  • Bevs ScooterMinionBevs ScooterMinion Alum Member
    1018 karma
    @alicia.brooks0519 said:
    I'm planning to sit for the Feb 2017 test
    Did you see that @DumbHollywoodActor has a Feb 2017 study group going? (I don't know how to tag that discussion thread here, but I can tag you in that thread if you cannot find it in the list of Discussion Forums. Maybe he knows how, so I tagged him here.) I think it meets at noon, but thought I'd pass it along in case that timing works for your schedule.

If you can make that timing, I highly recommend his study mentoring! He is very helpful and knowledgeable!
  • alicia.brooks0519alicia.brooks0519 Free Trial Member
    15 karma
    Thanks @ScooterMinion! I just found the thread!