Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting at the end of the section?

kelsienagelekelsienagele Free Trial Member
edited July 2014 in Logical Reasoning 30 karma
Since I have been barely finishing the LR sections in the allotted time, and get a little stressed toward the end of the section when the questions tend to get longer and/or harder, I may try starting at the end of the section. Thankfully, I still have time to practice, increase my speed and abandon this strategy if it doesn't work for me. I am just curious about whether anyone else has tried it or wants to chime in with reasons why this might be a bad idea?

Comments

• vandyzachvandyzach Free Trial Member
    358 karma
    I find that doing the easier questions first boosts my confidence, and confidence is really important (in anything in life, really).

Personally, I wouldn't like doing the end of the section first because it would likely throw my confidence off.

But do what works for you. It's worth a shot to experiment on a PT or two.
  • cole.w.murdochcole.w.murdoch Alum Member
    228 karma
    I think doing the harder questions first is only going to lower your scores. I think getting the easy questions completed first would be the best strategy (like the low-hanging fruit that JY discusses in one of the lessons). If I spend too long on a question I skip it and move onto the next one and make a note that I will go back to it if I have the time. I believe it's more important to get, for example, 23 easy-medium questions completed rather than getting 17 medium-hard questions completed in time. For my past few PT's I've made sure I get those easy questions and I've seen improvements in my scores.
  • danielledanielle Free Trial Member
    43 karma
    I've typically gotten to the harder portion of the section, typically 16-21, then jumped over to the easier ones at the very end of the section. I work backwards until I get back to where I started. This means I get the easy ones at the beginning and the easy ones at the end, too!