Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PDF Preptests

texvd1988texvd1988 Member
in General 605 karma
Hey guys,

I believe the answer to this question is no, but are there any methods to obtaining preptests in PDF formats? I have a bunch in standard paperback that I purchased, but I would really like to have a couple of printed out versions for retakes.

Comments

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    LSAC banned PDFs in April 2015, so no. Not anymore.
  • texvd1988texvd1988 Member
    605 karma
    @"Dillon A. Wright" said:
    LSAC banned PDFs in April 2015, so no. Not anymore.
    Ahh, inconvenient. Thank you!
    12637 karma
    @vduran1988 said:
    Ahh, inconvenient. Thank you!
    Agreed. :'(
  • desire2learndesire2learn Member
    1171 karma
    LSAC is not the most user friendly entity. They do some things amazing well but other things could certainly be improved.
  • Robert C.Robert C. Alum Member
    31 karma
    The Kaplan review course provides almost all of the prep tests in PDF format (except the 10 most recent). But the course is more expensive and not worth enrolling in for the sake of obtaining the PTs
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @"Robert C." said:
    The Kaplan review course provides almost all of the prep tests in PDF format (except the 10 most recent). But the course is more expensive and not worth enrolling in for the sake of obtaining the PTs
    They also are no longer legally allowed to provide the PDFs anymore :(
  • Creasey LSATCreasey LSAT Member
    423 karma
    Scribd
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited December 2016 23929 karma
    @"Creasey LSAT" said:
    Scribd
    Do they have LSATs on there? I don't have an account on Sricbd, but I'm assuming it is legal?
    edited December 2016 423 karma
    @"Alex Divine" said:
    Do they have LSATs on there? I don't have an account on Sricbd, but I'm assuming it is legal?
    Yeah, they have almost every PT before 75. It is not illegal to download what others post on the site, but it may not be totally legal for those who upload their tests. They remove any material instantly if there is a copyright infringement complaint, and most of the PT's have been up on the site for at least a year.
  • texvd1988texvd1988 Member
    605 karma
    @"Creasey LSAT" said:
    Yeah, they have almost every PT before 75. It is not illegal to download what others post on the site, but it may not be totally legal for those who upload their tests. They remove any material instantly if there is a copyright infringement complaint, and most of the PT's have been up on the site for at least a year.
    Do you need an account to look at them?
    423 karma
    Yes, its subscription based like 10 bucks a month
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited December 2016 23929 karma
    @"Creasey LSAT" said:
    It is not illegal to download what others post on the site, but it may not be totally legal for those who upload their tests
    Sounds shady, lol!

If it isn't "totally legal" for someone to upload, downloading it isn't totally legal either.

Disclaimer: Not a lawyer and I made up what I said above. But it sounds legit, right? haha :)
  • camcam Alum Member
    349 karma
    If you're looking to reuse the ones you currently own for retakes, why not just make copies or create the PDF's yourself? I make copies of the LG section before I take any test, so I can use it for drilling later.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @cam said:
    If you're looking to reuse the ones you currently own for retakes, why not just make copies or create the PDF's yourself? I make copies of the LG section before I take any test, so I can use it for drilling later.
    Yeah - this approach seems legit! You can scan them into your PC and save them as PDFs. And as long as you only use them for yourself, you should be legally ok. (I think)
  • lawschoolstuff16lawschoolstuff16 Alum Member
    328 karma
    Blue print also has PTs on their site. As long as they're not in pdf form you're fine -- but they can still be digital. I know people download the exams and then convert them to PDF though I'm sure that's not legal lol.
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    @"Creasey LSAT" said:
    Scribd
    Lol, I don't think this is a solid approach
  • desire2learndesire2learn Member
    1171 karma
    I wish there was a way to know what is and is not legal. It seems like so much is based on guessing and rumor. There are so many students who want to study in a legit fashion but would obviously prefer to do it in a convenient fashion (i.e. not hunting all over the internet to buy "rare" PTs, etc.) and reasonable costs. I wish LSAC would address this.
    12637 karma
    LSAC can probably go after you for picking up PDFs if they catch you so I really wouldn't go that route.
  • camcam Alum Member
    349 karma
    @desire2learn said:
    There are so many students who want to study in a legit fashion but would obviously prefer to do it in a convenient fashion (i.e. not hunting all over the internet to buy "rare" PTs, etc.) and reasonable costs. I wish LSAC would address this.
    I bought all of my PT's via Amazon. Unless if you are outside of the US, I don't think that it gets much more convenient, especially if you have Amazon Prime. I have 5 books of tests plus another 8 individuals. I don't have the "rare" tests, but if it is on Amazon, I have it...which means PT's 19-79 with very few omitted from that range. The individual tests were about $6.50/each, and then the books of tests were $20-30 each. If my numbers are accurate, I only spent about $200 on the tests, and have spent far more than that on the other aspects of prep (various books, 7sage course, etc). Testing fees are up there too. I'm guessing LSAC thinks that if people are willing to devote the time and money to take the test (let alone pay for school), they are willing to spend the money for the practice tests.

If we're preparing for a test to get into law school, I don't think prepping for it by committing copyright infringement is a good idea.

@"Alex Divine" unless if I am missing something, creating your own PDF's for reuse is OK. I could be wrong. It strikes me as being the same as if you make copies of tests that you already own. If someone was to start to distribute them, that is where I think things would cross the line. E.g. the difference between printing or saving the quizzes from this course and using them yourself vs. sending the saved PDF's to someone else.

The only way that I think LSAC would get back into distributing PDF tests is if they went to a "streaming" or access control context. Like an Apple Music type of thing (pay one price, get access to the songs that they have, but can't burn/save them), or how we pay for access to this course for a set amount of time.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @cam said:
    @"Alex Divine" unless if I am missing something, creating your own PDF's for reuse is OK. I could be wrong. It strikes me as being the same as if you make copies of tests that you already own. If someone was to start to distribute them, that is where I think things would cross the line. E.g. the difference between printing or saving the quizzes from this course and using them yourself vs. sending the saved PDF's to someone else.

The only way that I think LSAC would get back into distributing PDF tests is if they went to a "streaming" or access control context. Like an Apple Music type of thing (pay one price, get access to the songs that they have, but can't burn/save them), or how we pay for access to this course for a set amount of time.
    Yeah, that's what I think as well.