Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Transcript Requests

kacantolinakacantolina Free Trial Member
Incredibly dense questions here--but I cannot seem to make heads or tails of the labyrinthine transcript request process. Or maybe it isn't that difficult?

I bought the Credential Assembly service, downloaded a TRF for my university from the LSAC site, as well as a transcript request form from my own school and I'm about to mail both of them to my undergraduate.

2 things I'm a little unclear about: do I request just 1 copy, or as many copies as schools I will be applying to?

I'm also seeing a box on my school's transcript request form that says "Hold transcript until" and then several options below--I have no clue what this means! I assume I wouldn't want them to hold the transcript at all?

Sorry to come to the forums for this, but I really don't want to get this wrong, considering how long the process takes for it all!

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @kacantolina said:
    2 things I'm a little unclear about: do I request just 1 copy, or as many copies as schools I will be applying to?
    Yeah, one copy is all you need and will be sent to the CAS who will dissiminate it to the schools in which you apply to.
  • kacantolinakacantolina Free Trial Member
    85 karma
    Thank you so much! That helps a lot!
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    1) Like @"Alex Divine" said, you request one transcript, and the LSAC will provide that transcript to whichever schools you are apply to.

2) If I'm not mistaken, the "hold transcript" option is for those who are still in school and have no received their final set of grades. In other words, "hold my transcript until my school inputs all of my grades from my final semester/quarter" - double check this, as I could be wrong.
  • kacantolinakacantolina Free Trial Member
    85 karma
    @MrSamIam said:
    1) Like @"Alex Divine" said, you request one transcript, and the LSAC will provide that transcript to whichever schools you are apply to.

2) If I'm not mistaken, the "hold transcript" option is for those who are still in school and have no received their final set of grades. In other words, "hold my transcript until my school inputs all of my grades from my final semester/quarter" - double check this, as I could be wrong.
    Aaahhh, okay, that makes way more sense! Thank you so much! I'll check with the registrar as well.