Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I am halfway through The PowerScore Bibles and Just Started 7Sage

MiliPatel1MiliPatel1 Alum Member
edited July 2014 in General 66 karma
I am well through halfway of my PowerScore bibles (LG and LR, just started RC) but just started 7Sage two days ago. What should I do at this point? Keep reading both or just focus on 7Sage? I am studying for the February 2015 LSAT. Can anyone tell me specific advantages to either method? I am just scared of getting confused b/t the Bibles and 7Sage. Thanks!

Comments

• TeddyKGBTeddyKGB Alum Member
    112 karma
    I'd say do the 7Sage first. They're the gold standard when it comes to logic games and their approach to LR is foundational and adaptable. The LR bible is good for nitty-gritty mechanical stuff (which is good), but 7Sage will instill skills and more than logistics.

(I think you'll get useful things from the books, but I'd focus on theory right now.)
  • MiliPatel1MiliPatel1 Alum Member
    66 karma
    How much of an increase does 7Sage have on your LR? I heard alot of people rave that LG goes down to almost -2/-3.

Thanks for the insight!
    112 karma
    I've been studying full-time since the first week of May and on my diagnostic I got -16 total in LR. On my most recent PT (last Saturday) I got -8 total. Over the last few tests my average was ~10 wrong total. Logic games came relatively tough to me, so I focused on those heavily over the last several weeks/months and have seen great improvement with the 7sage method and logic games bundle (my average over the last few tests is less than -2!). (Dare I say the games are a little fun now?)

I've recently began to devote much more time to LR and have noticed a downward trend with total number of incorrect. I think you'll see great gains with 7Sage; I can't recommend them highly enough. They teach big picture stuff so when a question stem is thrown at you you never feel overwhelmed. You're armed with argument analysis. You'll know how weak/strong the argument is, what it's (may be) missing, what the main conclusion/premises are, and so forth. After you've got that down, the only thing left is to dig deep into your own personal errors (be it lack of time, "just not getting it yet", test fatigue, etc.) and practice. Lots of practice.

I wish you the best of luck and you're very smart for starting your prep so early. If you're determined, there is no reason you can't get a great score.
    66 karma
    Thank you so much Teddy for your very sincere answer! You definitely gave me a lot of optimism. I am halfway through summer and starting 7sage and I am so angry I wasted the first half of the summer struggling going through the PowerScore Books, and I already feel behind! I am going to try to dive into the lessons and knock out as many as I can in the summer so when I go back to college late august I can do a test a week? Does that sound sufficent? Or right after I learn my lessons should I do section practice first then focus on tests? Sorry for all the questions but I have no one but the 7Sage community! My lsat is Feb 2015 btw!
    edited July 2014 112 karma
    I don't know how hectic your life is outside of LSAT, but you have quite a bit of time between now and your administration. I'd say a test per week (preferably Saturday around 9:00 am) would be perfect. 7Sage has a free proctor app that is really helpful so I'd recommend that as well. Some people like to do timed sections, but I don't really see the point because you want to save all the recent (PrepTest 36+) tests for simulated conditions. Why waste a section? You won't be tested on one section on test day. But with that said, you could do old (pre-36) timed sections, if you think it would help.

I think the key for anyone in your position (~8 months till test day w/ prior learning) should first focus on getting a solid foundation and then do every PrepTest from #36-72+ under actual conditions. More than likely after you've done the Core Curriculum and read the Powerscore books you'll have a "hey, I think I know what I'm doing here" level of confidence, but there is absolutely no substitute for timed tests under realistic conditions. Don't worry when you take your first couple of PrepTests. You'll most likely feel bogged down. That is a good thing because it means you're applying previously learned strategies and techniques. Don't fret too much about speed/time at first. Pattern recognition and mental conditioning will speed you up naturally.

For right now, just focus on learning technique and strategy with emphasis on comprehension. If you don't get something, review-practice-review-practice-practice-review until you do.

If there is anything else please don't hesitate to ask (myself or others). 7Sage has an awesome, caring community of people that really want to help. You're in good hands here.

66 karma
    THANK YOU SOOO MUCH :) Honestly you have been such a great help. I wish you the best of luck towards your LSAT studying and dream score!