Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

POE and Feb preparation

dennisgerrarddennisgerrard Member
edited December 2016 in Reading Comprehension 1644 karma
I start to use POE on timed section on RC. I get most choices wrong(haven't done RC for a long time).I really speed up when I use POE. Is that normal at early stage? I previously use POE on some LRs. I only finish 20% of the CC(LOL). I take Manhattan online course , which is intensive. Some of their RC methods are useful. I know it's hard to apply top 20 law school with a 170+ LSAT with my extremely low GPA. Areas and reputation is important for an international job seeker like me. I consider to practice in HK and US. I would retake in June(in U.S. or Hong Kong) since my OPT(internship for international student) is approaching. I want to know what stage I was in even though Feb LSAT is unsupported by many folks.

My basic strategy is to drill LGs while identify weak type of LRs. I time each RC passage for 8 minutes. I hope that I can be ready for PT in mid-January(at least 5). Any suggestion would be appreciated.

I enjoy doing LSAT while it brings mental challenge/pains. I'm lucky to have parent's support and they came to Seattle for Christmas and new year. I like 7sage community.

Anyway, happy Holiday!!

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @dennisgerrard said:
    I enjoy doing LSAT while it brings mental challenge/pains. I'm lucky to have parent's support and they came to Seattle for Christmas and new year. I like 7sage community.

Anyway, happy Holiday!!
    If you're set on taking February, then I guess I don't have much else advice. Perhaps try focusing on one curriculum and finishing it. Doing both Manhattan and 7Sage will only lead to confusion. I actually like MLSAT and don't find their overall approach to the LSAT that much different from 7Sage's, but 7Sage's logic games are just objectively better. LG is a visual exercise and the videos are invaluable for those trying to learn and master LG. MLSAT's logic chain is something it's creator Mike Kim no longer even supports, so that says something. In sum, I'd finish doing one or the other first, see where you're at, and then access from there. I would, however, REALLY advise you to do the LG / logic parts of the CC first.

Happy Holidays :)
  • dennisgerrarddennisgerrard Member
    1644 karma
    Thank you so much!!! I will cut loose and focus on CC especially LG&LR.any thought on POE?
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @dennisgerrard said:
    Thank you so much!!! I will cut loose and focus on CC especially LG&LR.any thought on POE?
    I find POE very helpful especially for RC.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27829 karma
    POE is a really important strategy. If it works for you, keep at it. Just don't let it keep you from picking a winner when you see one:) POE for POE's sake isn't beneficial beyond the point at which you know the right answer.