Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do I get back into it??!!

cm214998cm214998 Alum Member
in General 190 karma
Hey Everyone! First of all, Happy Holidays! Hope all you had a relaxing and rejuvenating break!

I've recently taken 1 month and half break from LSAT Prep. I'm still in undergrad (senior year) so I'm in the homestretch now, finally excited to get out of college. However, I was experiencing some real burnout from prep due to trying to balance everything from school as well, so I took a long needed break to focus on finals and to make sure I keep my GPA up. I've been prepping for about 6 months now, but I started 7sage in September. I still have not finished my core curriculum, I'm actually no where near done.

My question is: Should I jump right back in where I left off? Or should I start from the beginning and review the earlier sections? ! month and a half isn't that bad, but I feel like I may have forgotten a lot.

I'm in the processing of joining a study group in NYC. For those interested, please follow the link: https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/9766/any-new-yorkers-nyc-area-interested-in-joining-a-study-group-for-the-june-2017-lsat

Thanks for the advice?

Comments

• SeriousbirdSeriousbird Alum Member
    1278 karma
    I would redo the curriculum. I went through the same thing, I had gone through the 1st third of the curriculum and ended up taking a two month break. Following the break I redid all of the lessons except for the diagnostic test obviously lol to make sure I would have a solid foundation to work with.

Make sure you keep your GPA up though and strong. That should be your first priority. :)
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @cm214998 said:
    Should I jump right back in where I left off? Or should I start from the beginning and review the earlier sections? ! month and a half isn't that bad, but I feel like I may have forgotten a lot.
    Yeah, might as well redo it, especially if you feel like you may have forgotten some stuff. If you had already been studying for a year and then took time off, I'd say pick back up where you left off. You have the right idea with making sure your GPA is high and putting the LSAT second for now. You can always take a gap year to get some work experience after you graduate and prep then.
  • texvd1988texvd1988 Member
    605 karma
    From a guy who has taken the curriculum twice, and the second time only because he took a three week break, I highly recommend it. If I retake this exam after February, I will probably cycle through the curriculum alongside my exams until I retake. The LSAT is such an expansive exam, and I have found that I lose information even though I swore I knew it a week or so ago. It is a monster exam that takes time to master.

My biggest regret is that I didn't take it seriously until September. If I knew how much work others put into this, I would have commited to a one year or one and a half year study cycle before I took my first exam.

As it is, I am about to take my first after 6 months. I am not too concerned, but I feel like I have more to give.

Definitely don't sell yourself short. Your wallet and your intellect will be rewarded if you beat this test.