Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Doing older PTs and seeing a lot of familiar questions

Calgary77321Calgary77321 Alum Member
in General 42 karma
Hey guys, just running by a study idea I am having. I did a course previous to this one, and when doing some of the earlier PTs, I'm noticing a lot of questions that are familiar. I was thinking of using a system such as every time that I recognise a question, taking off a minute of time, or something like that, to obtain a more accurate PT score. Does anyone else do anything like this? I'm recognising about 3-5 questions in a LR question, so I'm thinking of cutting my time down to 30 minutes a section. Anyone else do this? Cheers.

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27891 karma
    I've known some people to do this, and I think it's fine. I always gave myself full time though and just understood that my score would be a little inflated. When I did recognize a question, I made myself work all the way through it and achieve a BR level understanding. It served as a time penalty, and although you never want to go that deep when you're on the clock, it was an interesting exercise to go through that process under pressure.
  • Calgary77321Calgary77321 Alum Member
    42 karma
    Thanks for the information!!