Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some encouragement

To my fellow 7sagers and LSAT warriors,

I would like to share my story prior to scores being released with the hopes of encouraging anyone who scores below their target.

First, if you happen to get a low score don’t worry about it, it’s not the end of the world. Do not spend the day beating yourself up over it. This is an incredibly hard test. The LSAT is probably the hardest thing I’ve ever undertaken in my life.

I decided I wanted to become an attorney way back in 2011. I had zero academic skills or knowledge when I began my journey. I mean ZERO. I don’t even have a high school diploma. I’ve failed countless times since then however every time I failed I paused, figured out what I did wrong, fixed it and kept going. I now have a BA in PSCI.

If a stranger would have come up to me and tell me that in 17 years I would be a combat veteran with a degree and hopes for law school I would have laughed in their face and called them insane.

The point I am trying to make is that if you are unhappy with your score don’t get upset and don’t worry, it is not the end of the world.

If you decide that you must put off applying, do not let, that upset you too much. Any thing good in life takes time, hard work, and dedication. I am 33 yrs old, and am 90% sure that I’m going to have to retake. I doubt I will start l1 until I am 34.

I would like to share some advice given to my by my former plt. Commander who now owns his own firm and argued in front of the 9th circuit as a law student. He told me that I will face many obstacles and setbacks. However, when that happens I need to step back, do an AAR, figure out what I did wrong, learn from it, don’t dwell on it and move on.

I just thought I would do my best to encourage everyone here that no matter how hard or bad it gets, DON’T QUIT!! NEVER GIVE UP!

I sincerely hope all of you receive great news today or tomorrow. I have enjoyed reading all the posts here at 7sage. Thank you for reading my jumbled incoherent attempt at encouragement!

-Paul Pederson

(JY, Dillon, and the rest of 7sage staff, you all are amazing. I can not thank you enough for what you have done and continue to do with 7sage and LSAT prep. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.)

Comments

• desire2learndesire2learn Member
    1171 karma
    Amen brother. There are others of us who are 33 and will be 34 when starting law school (hopefully). Your thoughts are appreciated. God bless!
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27823 karma
    Thanks for sharing Paul. I'm not even waiting on scores, but I somehow feel better! Your story is really inspiring and you're going to do great. It's awful hard to beat a person that never gives up.
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    Aww, I wish you well in your future endeavors Paul :) thank you for sharing, I know this will be of great benefit to anyone reading!
    11542 karma
    I want to share a quote a beautiful friend of mine showed me:
    "If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started I was desperately wishing to be where I am now.” Keep your head up, folks! <3
  • J. TharpJ. Tharp Alum Member
    575 karma
    Thank you, sir! And good luck!
  • Paul PedersonPaul Pederson Member
    903 karma
    Montaha, thats great advice. My old plt Sgt has a firm in KC. He started law school around 36yrs old. He told me "You can invest everything into becoming an attorney and in 4 years be part of the greatest occupation since ancient Greece, or you can quit and in 4 years think to yourself, damn, today would have been the day I graduated law school." That has stuck with me for a while.
    11542 karma
    @"Paul Pederson" said:
    and in 4 years think to yourself, damn, today would have been the day I graduated law school.
    Um holy shit, dude...that's deep af lol. https://media.giphy.com/media/fOzhhzmgRge88/giphy.gif
    903 karma
    The bad thing is I'm off all day today. My wife doesn't get off work until around 8pm tonight and she made me promise I wouldn't check my score without her. So even if it is released today I can't look until tonight. If I knew how to post gifs I post the "Release me" gif from the first independence day. heh.
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    @"Paul Pederson" said:
    If I knew how to post gifs I post the "Release me" gif from the first independence day. heh.
    http://www.defectivegeeks.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/inQSpsW.gif
  • DEC_LSATDEC_LSAT Alum Member
    760 karma
    @"Paul Pederson" said:
    she made me promise I wouldn't check my score without her.
    she's sweet. she wants to be part of your law school journey as much as possible.
    903 karma
    haha, thanks Dillon!
    903 karma
    @DEC_LSAT, ya, she's the best. She's stuck by my side since Jan 2003 when we started dating as 19 yrolds. Now she just wants kids!!
  • DEC_LSATDEC_LSAT Alum Member
    760 karma
    @"Paul Pederson" said:
    ya, she's the best. She's stuck by my side since Jan 2003 when we started dating as 19 yrolds. Now she just wants kids!!
    oh wow! congrats on finding an awesome partner in life :)
  • clearestblueclearestblue Member
    29 karma
    You are wonderful; I needed this after seeing my score. Thank you