Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just got my first LSAT score.

emmanuelntowemmanuelntow Alum Member
in General 37 karma
So this was my 1st official LSAT and I already knew I would take it one more time. In the mean time I wanted to ask what do I do now? I know some of what to do but interested in what others have to say or maybe did after getting their first score, whether it was good enough for them or not.

Comments

• zahra.vaidzahra.vaid Member
    35 karma
    Depends what it was! It was my first time also and it was absolutely HORRID. I'm taking it again because I figured out what I was doing wrong. Do you have any idea where your areas of improvement are?
  • clearestblueclearestblue Member
    29 karma
    It's my first too. I feel pretty bummed, but I'm still applying to see what happens. I'm also planning to retake in June as a backup (if I don't get in where I want to go, I plan to reapply next cycle). Good luck and hope this helps!
  • emmanuelntowemmanuelntow Alum Member
    37 karma
    Logic Games was my area of the most struggle. Didnt know what to do with the facilitator stuff in that one game. If a full explanation of all the logic games is released soon that will be great. not sure how soon 7Sage people do that though.
  • stgl1230stgl1230 Member
    edited January 2017 821 karma
    @emmanuelntow said:
    I know some of what to do but interested in what others have to say or maybe did after getting their first score, whether it was good enough for them or not.
    My first LSAT was really rough. I struggled to focus, and there were several classroom distractions as well. I didn't score anywhere near my target/PT score.
    I decided to apply to law schools anyway - I signed up for the December LSAT, and figured that I should at least have my applications finished early so that schools could look at my applications as soon as the December score arrived.

I then took a break from the LSAT - up to a month. When I got back into testing, I really focused on growing my confidence by not rushing back into timed PTs for a couple of weeks. Then, when I did take timed PTs again, I made sure to take them on Saturday mornings and used the 7sage app to simulate a noisy environment, etc. to make sure that i could refocus while testing. After I took each PT, I waited a few days to BR to let the information sort of settle in. When I revisited the test a few days later, I had a better perspective and more patience to BR thoroughly.

I walked into the December test with much more confidence. I was way less nervous, and more prepared. I don't think that my actual LSAT knowledge changed much, but knowing how to better compose myself and having taken the test before made a world of difference.

So, I think you should take some time away from the LSAT (if you haven't already) and then revisit in a week or two. If you're frustrated right now, you're probably not going to be as productive when you study. When you revisit the test and review your December exam, go through it untimed, like you are BRing, especially the games. it might help to revisit some CC if you are still stuck.

Good luck!