Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blind Review

dnixon85dnixon85 Alum Member
edited July 2014 in General 5 karma
Hello ladies and gentlemen,

What is the correct training process for utilizing a BR? After, I have completed all 4 sections of my PT or after I have completed a LR section...

Cordially,
Joe

Comments

• vandyzachvandyzach Free Trial Member
    358 karma
    Hi Joe,

BR works well for either of those options. The closer you get to test day, the more PTs you'll want to take. But BR works really, really well for individual LR sections, RC passages, or logic games.
  • DMo-UTexasDMo-UTexas Alum Member
    25 karma
    Are we hurting ourselves if we wait to finish the entire PT? Or, should we be using BR after each section (LR, LG, RC) for drilling purposes? Both?
    25 karma
    Actually, it makes a bit of sense to do a combination of the two. Do BR for individual sections when drilling in between days of taking full length PTs and after full length PTs, as well. For example, I take a PT on Thursday and BR that day for the full length test (and maybe a little more BR on Friday if my brain is fried), then take a break. Then, on Tuesday and Saturday when I am doing drills (individual sections from old PTs), I BR after each individual section.

AGREE?
  • dnixon85dnixon85 Alum Member
    5 karma
    Not sure… That is why I asked. I'm curious to know what has worked and not from the experienced students. So, you suggest to PT Thursday and BR, then Friday BR. Saturday you drill old sections that gave your problems? How long is this break? How many PT's do you do a week? How often do you study?

Cordially,
    Joe
    25 karma
    I study at least 6 days a week. The example I gave above about taking a PT Thursday was intended to be my situation and my proposed mode of attack. My studying is spread out like this because of summer school and work. Send me an email with answers to the following questions and I can help you set up a PT / Study schedule as well as answer any other questions you may have, if you would like. Otherwise, best of luck.

1. Do you have other obligations / responsibilities other than studying for the LSAT?
    2. Have you completed the course?
    3. When are you taking the LSAT?
    25 karma
    I will answer your questions here, as well. My schedule will be different than yours but I believe my approach may help you find what is best for you. Tuesdays and Saturdays, I drill old individual sections and review concepts from the course (especially for weaknesses). Thursday I take a fully simulated PT (5 sections = 4 from a recent PT + 1 section from an old PT). I BR that day for as long as I can before my brain gives out on me. This is important because your thought process is fresh in your mind. On Friday, I complete the remainder of the exam using BR and take detailed notes on why answers were right or wrong. After this, I would take a break. This break will be until Saturday when I begin drills again (see above). The days I have left out (Mon, wed, sun) are days I have school and / or work so I do light studying on those days.

As for how many PTs you take per week, this will depend on where you are in your progression and how close you are to your test date.

Again, I usually study at least 6 days a week. However, I usually limit myself to 3 - 4 hours of continuous studying. This is because the actual LSAT length is within that time frame. You may go over this time limit when BR'ing.

I hope this clears things up. Please let me know if you need clarification on any of my points. I am doing this on my phone.

Cheers