Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone have experience talking to/emailing LSAC?

LSAC just sent me a letter in the mail saying they made a mistake on my academic record and my GPA should be lower... This is annoying but in theory fine, since my LSAC calculated GPA gave me quite a bump. Still, in the new letter they listed my undergraduate GPA as .01 lower than what it actually is, so I want to make sure they're not penalizing me unnecessarily. Just sent them an email and got an auto-response saying it will take days to respond because of high email volume--- anyone else have experience emailing/calling them to fix some sort of error? Should I have my college's registrar office reach out? They're going to email all my law schools an update so I want to fix it ASAP.

Comments

• tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma

@Sammie215 I haven't emailed them about your specific issue but the auto response is normal. They'll respond within a few days with whatever you should do, if anything. You could always call and talk to someone as well if you're unclear or have questions or concerns about their response. I wouldn't reach out to the school until the response is received from LSAC though.

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9377 karma

You should call LSAC and email again with a title "Attention: Transcript Department." When I had some issues with my transcript and called them, they specifically asked me to email them with the title "Attention: Transcript Department" because the email sometimes gets lost in the general inbox.

• Never2lateNever2late Alum Member
    25 karma

I called LSAC when I noticed an error after they calculated my GPA. I was told it would be sent for a "transcript review" and it would take 4-5 business days for a response (I was also told I would receive an email notifying me of the outcome.) I never received a call or email acknowledging the review was complete or that LSAC made an error, but within 48 hours my GPA was updated. My advice would be to call and then follow-up with an email if requested. Be sure to write down the name of the person you speak with.

• Sammie215Sammie215 Member
    202 karma

Okay, thanks everyone! This is helpful.