Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advice for February LSAT takers

sarahkaysarahkay Free Trial Member
edited January 2018 in February 2018 LSAT 29 karma

Hi all,

What’s the most efficient way to study for the next two weeks? Should I be doing one prep test per day at this point?

I work part time, so I have the mornings free and also the evenings.

Fyi I have been spending most of my time doing BR and haven’t done a lot of prep tests. I’m still struggling with timing for logic games so my strategy is to just focus on three out of four games.

Edit: I have already taken at least 10 preptests in the past two months

Comments

• LastLSATLastLSAT Alum Member
    edited April 2018 1028 karma

• tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma

You def don’t want to take a PT everyday because you don’t have enough time to thoroughly BR. Your greatest gains will come from BR but not taking test after test with no time for improvement in between. I would do one PT a week with a thorough BR and then returning to the curriculum and drilling the issues revealed on the test.

• Kermit750Kermit750 Alum Member
    2124 karma

What is your score break down like? Depending on that, I would focus on the areas that are weak and drill them. Also, I don't think it's best to go in with the mindset that you'll focus on just 3 out of 4 games. Logic games are the most learnable section on the exam, and the more time you spend with as many games as possible the faster you become. I will encourage you take a PT a week and thoroughly BR.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

I definitely wouldn't do more than 2, possibly 3 prep tests per week. One per day is way too much. You'll burn out and won't have energy for the actual test. It also doesn't leave enough time for a proper BR of the entire test, which is crucial.

I honestly don't think you're going to be fully prepared for the test in 2 weeks if you haven't done any full tests yet. But if you're set on taking it, I would probably be doing 2 prep tests per week with a full BR in between, and some work on foolproofing games between that.

There's really not a ton you can do in 2 weeks before the test to raise your score, and you want to be very careful you don't try to cram and burn yourself out. Take at least the full day before the test off, no LSAT prep at all.

Good luck!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"sarah.karim" said:
    Hi all,

What’s the most efficient way to study for the next two weeks? Should I be doing one prep test per day at this point?

I work part time, so I have the mornings free and also the evenings.

Fyi I have been spending most of my time doing BR and haven’t done a lot of prep tests. I’m still struggling with timing for logic games so my strategy is to just focus on three out of four games.

No. Don't do a prep test per day. Maybe aim to take two more, three tops.

Games seem to lend themselves to the quickest improvement, so honestly, I'd just focus on mostly games drilling and taking 2-3 more PTs with blind review. I think this would be the most efficient way to prep at this point.

Incidentally, why are you taking the test in two weeks if you are still struggling with such a learnable portion of the test? You also say you haven't done a lot of PTs, which, at least in my opinion, are a very important part of your prep.

• sarahkaysarahkay Free Trial Member
    29 karma

Hey everyone, thanks for the helpful responses. A friend of mine did a prep test a day near the end. But I guess that’s not for everyone!

I’m pretty set on taking the feb test. The last time I did a prep test I scored in the mid 150s and did at least 10 prep tests in the last two months and took a long break afterwards. I would like to spend my time wisely in the next two weeks. I’m also not applying to t-14 schools so a 160 would even be ideal.