Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

logic game question types

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Free Trial
edited January 2015 in General 578 karma
I keep reading posts where people say "figure out what type of logic game question is giving you difficulty and practice on that." But I can't figure out a particular question type I'm having difficulties with. I have improved a lot in logic games (it's my favorite lsat section) but it's usually the last question that gives me a really hard time. I feel like lsat writers have designed the last question to be the most time consuming... does anyone have a technique for the last logic game question? Should I put it aside and do other games first then come back to the last question on each game?

Comments

• ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    I would continue drilling each of the game types so you can faster at them without sacrificing accuracy. That way, for most sections, you'll be able to get the last questions of each game. Of course, the rule substitution question should really be skipped if you don't get within 30 seconds or so.
  • jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    it could be a fatigue thing, try doing a LG section and go reverse and keep track of time and see if its being tired by that point or its actually much harder. Are you having trouble making the inferences causing you to struggle through it? Keep drilling and working on a muscle memory with your brain for making inferences
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    Keep drilling! I had a similar issue and realized that it was mostly because the last game presents you with the most questions and I also felt that some of those last games were different. But that was only in my mind! ^_^
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Free Trial
    578 karma
    Thank you both.

@jdawg113 what do you mean "...see if it's being tired by that point or its actually much harder"?
    I actually used to have a lot of trouble with infrences but after doing the steps 7sage taught, infrences have become easy for me. Of course, I am just reviewing simple sequencing games right now, so perhaps I'll have trouble with infrences on other game types. I have been studying since July 2014 but I have started all the lessons from the beginning so I'm working on sequencing games right now.

@ddakjiking it's funny you brought up substitution questions because I was working on a game right now and the last question was subsituion question. I skipped it and finished the game in 5 minutes. I'm going to watch 7sage video to see how JY solved the question.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Free Trial
    578 karma
    Thank you both.

@jdawg113 what do you mean "...see if it's being tired by that point or its actually much harder"?
    I actually used to have a lot of trouble with infrences but after doing the steps 7sage taught, infrences have become easy for me. Of course, I am just reviewing simple sequencing games right now, so perhaps I'll have trouble with infrences on other game types. I have been studying since July 2014 but I have started all the lessons from the beginning so I'm working on sequencing games right now.

@ddakjiking it's funny you brought up substitution questions because I was working on a game right now and the last question was subsituion question. I skipped it and finished the game in 5 minutes. I'm going to watch 7sage video to see how JY solved the question.
  • ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    Yeah, substitution Q's really suck up a lot of time. Even I tend to skip it if I can't get it within a minute at max.
  • jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    Well theres plenty of people who tend to find the end of a section "harder" but this is the LSAT so what else but to keep in mind the possibility that the test doesn't have harder questions at the end, your mind is just tired from the 20 questions before hand. You've gone through most of the section and you're at the end, are the questions hard? or is your thought process a little fuzzy making them seem harder bc you're lacking some mental stamina