Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Course Options and Time Commitment

mariev22mariev22 Member
in General 57 karma

Hi everyone!

I'm pretty much set on beginning my LSAT studying using 7sage - yay! I'm hoping to take the test in either September or November. However, work will be very busy for the next ~4 months, so I'll have less time to study during the first half of the year as compared to the second half of the year.

How much time should be dedicated to each course option? (Does it even make sense for me to ask this question? I don't know how the courses work.) I know they allow for a "personalized schedule," but I imagine that a general amount of time should be dedicated to studying with course per week/month.

Essentially, I'd like to figure out whether to save the 7Sage course for later this year when I'll have more capacity.

Thank you kindly!

Comments

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

Hi Marie, I don't think anyone can give you an answer beyond speculation. I personally did not use the schedule at all. If you can afford it, I suggest the Ultimate+ package. I didn't make it through a quarter of the material available to me, and I'm done with the LSAT with one year left on my subscription. I still wouldn't take it back though. If you can afford it, the price is a very small part of law school.

I would suggest starting with the Ultimate+ package now, and then towards the end of the trial period you can decide whether you want to downgrade packages. Don't make the mistake of allowing yourself to keep pushing back studying. You can always make room in your schedule for an hour or two a day. I went -8 on the easiest section of the test because I delayed my studying so much.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@marievaldez22 said:
    Hi everyone!

I'm pretty much set on beginning my LSAT studying using 7sage - yay! I'm hoping to take the test in either September or November. However, work will be very busy for the next ~4 months, so I'll have less time to study during the first half of the year as compared to the second half of the year.

How much time should be dedicated to each course option? (Does it even make sense for me to ask this question? I don't know how the courses work.) I know they allow for a "personalized schedule," but I imagine that a general amount of time should be dedicated to studying with course per week/month.

Essentially, I'd like to figure out whether to save the 7Sage course for later this year when I'll have more capacity.

Thank you kindly!

I think you can complete the core curriculum in about 6 weeks, studying ~25 hours a week. The core curriculum is the same across the course packages. With each upgrade, however, you get tons of extras like drilling sets, question banks, all the test, video explanations, and tons more.

I worked full time while going through the CC and my bandwidth was quite low throughout the process because of it. Even still, I was able to get through the CC in a little under 2 months. I think most people find 6-8 weeks a good amount of time to go through the CC.

I don't think saving it for later this year is a good idea if you're aiming for a September/November take. you want to give yourself at least 6 months to prepare in my opinion. And that's really what I consider to be the minimum. Better to familiarize yourself with the test now and work through doing as much as you can.

• mariev22mariev22 Member
    57 karma

Thank you!

Since I’ll have less time at the beginning of the year, would you recommend I begin with the “starter” course, and upgrading when I have more time/capacity (around June)? Or should I just start with the highest package I can afford, regardless of how much time I can dedicate to studying now?

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@mariev22 said:
    Thank you!

Since I’ll have less time at the beginning of the year, would you recommend I begin with the “starter” course, and upgrading when I have more time/capacity (around June)? Or should I just start with the highest package I can afford, regardless of how much time I can dedicate to studying now?

I mean, I would start with the highest you can afford just because I think having all the extra drills/LR packs/LG bundle is really nice to have right off the bat. Either way, the most important thing I think is getting started as early as possible when you're working FT.

:)

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

@mariev22 said:
    Hi everyone!

Thank you kindly!

I think it more depends on what you will need.

I just used the starter course. It worked out great for me since I only needed help with logic games and 7Sage makes all the games explanations free. After going through the core curriculum, I mostly used the free to the public logic games explanations. However, if you want explanations for the other two sections for all of the tests then that really isn't the best option. You probably want the ultimate +.

If you were only getting the starter course, I would wait till you had more time. It only lasts 3 months so you want to pick 3 months where you can seriously study.

However, if you are getting the Ultimate+ course and can afford it, it is probably best to just get it right away. Once you start PTing it will be nice to have free explanations to all of the questions from all of the PTs instead of just ten tests or however many the starter course comes with. Additionally, you will want to have the problem sets from ultimate + available while you are going through the Core Curriculum in case there is anything you feel like you want to practice more right away. There are problem sets with the starter course, but the ultimate sets are probably better.

• mariev22mariev22 Member
    57 karma

Thanks everyone! I think I'll get started tomorrow... here I go! :smiley: