Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help! Fool Proof Method Days Stacking Issue!

So I've been fool proofing post CC. I started out on a schedule of 1 PT a day, drilling each game on day 1, 2, and 7. I'm figuring out that games are stacking very quickly. For example here is what a 7th days spread looks like with the method above. Day 1: PT1 Day 2: PT 1&2 Day 3: PT 3&2 Day 4: PT 4&3 Day 5: PT 5&4&1 Day 6: PT 6&5&1 Day 7: PT 7&6&3&1

What begins as a reasonable load quickly adds up to 4 PTs in one day, which is overkill in my opinion. Then on day 5 or 7 if I have missed even one question from the day 1 PT I will attempt it until a perfect score. I've now abandoned the original schedule. Instead, I have been doing 1 PT per day and simply attempting at least 4 other questions that had the lowest time or scores in prior games.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a cleaner, more methodical approach to fool proofing? I occasionally catch myself being biased and selectively choosing to repeat games that are difficult, but I actually enjoy over the games that I hate.

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27885 karma

Yeah, that will start adding up. I did something very similar, but that was when I was studying full time and even then it was only sustainable for so long. I’d cap it at three a day, so on day seven, don’t repeat LG1 again. Maybe redo LG1 on day 36. You’ll have completed the entire bundle and can circle back around to see what stuck.

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4428 karma

@"Mindful Monkey" said:
    So I've been fool proofing post CC. I started out on a schedule of 1 PT a day, drilling each game on day 1, 2, and 7. I'm figuring out that games are stacking very quickly. For example here is what a 7th days spread looks like with the method above. Day 1: PT1 Day 2: PT 1&2 Day 3: PT 3&2 Day 4: PT 4&3 Day 5: PT 5&4&1 Day 6: PT 6&5&1 Day 7: PT 7&6&3&1

What begins as a reasonable load quickly adds up to 4 PTs in one day, which is overkill in my opinion. Then on day 5 or 7 if I have missed even one question from the day 1 PT I will attempt it until a perfect score. I've now abandoned the original schedule. Instead, I have been doing 1 PT per day and simply attempting at least 4 other questions that had the lowest time or scores in prior games.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a cleaner, more methodical approach to fool proofing? I occasionally catch myself being biased and selectively choosing to repeat games that are difficult, but I actually enjoy over the games that I hate.

I did it similarly to that.

I did

Day 1: PT 1
    Day 2: PT 1 and 2
    Day 3: PT 2 and 3
    Day 4: PT 3 and 4
    Day 5: PT 4 and 5
    Day 6: PT 5 and 6
    Day 7: PT 6 and 7
    Day 8: PT 1, 7 and 8
    Day 9: PT 2, 8, and 9
    Day 10: PT 3, 9 and 10
    Day 11: PT 4, 10 and 11
    Day 12: PT 5, 11, and 12
    Day 13: PT 6, 12, and 13
    Day 14: PT 7, 13, and 14
    Day 15: PT 8, 14, and 15

and so on until
    Day 35: PT 28, 34, and 35
    Day 36: PT 29 and 35
    Day 37: PT 30
    Day 38: PT 31
    Day 39: PT 32
    Day 40: PT 33
    Day 41: PT 34
    Day 42: PT 35

So from day 8-35, I wound up foolproofing one fresh game, one game from the day before, and one game from the week before every day. I think that was more than enough for a single day.

That should work even with fewer days a week.

If you had 3 days of foolproofing a week,

Week 1
    Day 1: PT 1
    Day 2: PT 1 and 2
    Day 3: PT 2 and 3

Week 2
    Day 4: PT 1, 3, 4
    Day 5: PT 2, 4, 5
    Day 6: PT 3, 5, 6

Week 3
    Day 7: PT 4, 6, 7
    Day 8: PT 5, 7, 8
    Day 9: PT 6, 8, 9

And so on until...
    Week 12
    Day 34: PT 31, 33, 34
    Day 35: PT 32, 34, 35
    Day 36: PT 33, 35

Week 13
    Day 37: PT 34
    Day 38: PT 35

The fewer days a week will just mean that it will take more weeks. Instead of the 6 weeks it took me, it will take you about 13. However, the original take, one day later, and one week later approach should remain sound.

• 136 karma

@"Cant Get Right" Thank you!

• 136 karma

@"Seeking Perfection" Awesome. Yeah I suppose I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't the only one stacking so much. It especially becomes a lot when you miss a question or two on a repeated PT and have to repeat the game.. Thanks!

4428 karma

@"Mindful Monkey" said:
    @"Seeking Perfection" Awesome. Yeah I suppose I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't the only one stacking so much. It especially becomes a lot when you miss a question or two on a repeated PT and have to repeat the game.. Thanks!

You repeat the game that day though. I didn't repeat it the next day unless I was already scheduled to. That helps keep it under control. Each day, I would repeat any of the twelve games I was doing until I could do it without mistakes.

I was a lot more likely to need to repeat the new games more than games I had done on previous days though and would always do new ones at least twice. For the new Pt of 4 games, I would do them watch the video and do them again. If I made mistakes or was shaky on something I would repeat watch the video and do them a third time. But either way you fix rhe problem that day. It shouldn't cause a problem with stacking. It just takes longer on a day you make more mistakes.

I would say foolproofing took me about 4 hours a day once I got going, but I could see it taking even longer than that or a little shorter depending on how many redos you needed.

• 136 karma

@"Seeking Perfection" said:

You repeat the game that day though. I didn't repeat it the next day unless I was already scheduled to. That helps keep it under control. Each day, I would repeat any of the twelve games I was doing until I could do it without mistakes.

Sorry, what I mean is say on Day 1 you take PT 1 and Day 2 you take PT 2 and 1 (if you follow a 1,2,7 method). When you repeat PT 1 on Day 2 as scheduled, and miss even one question, the FP method recommends that you repeat the game until perfection of score and time is reached. Right? This is the real time consumer for me - repeating games that are actually repeats of prior games.

4428 karma

@"Mindful Monkey" said:

@"Seeking Perfection" said:

Sorry, what I mean is say on Day 1 you take PT 1 and Day 2 you take PT 2 and 1 (if you follow a 1,2,7 method). When you repeat PT 1 on Day 2 as scheduled, and miss even one question, the FP method recommends that you repeat the game until perfection of score and time is reached. Right? This is the real time consumer for me - repeating games that are actually repeats of prior games.

So on Day 1 I take PT 1. If I miss a question on a game from PT 1 on day 1, I retake it until I get it completely right on Day 1. There is almost always at least one retake the first day you take a game.

The same holds on Day 2. I took PT 1's game again on day 2 per the schedule. If I missed a question I would redo that game until I got it completely right.

So the actual schedule of takes might look like...

Day 1: PT 1 Game 1 Game 1 Game 1 Game 2 Game 2 Game 3 Game 3 Game 3 Game 3 Game 3 Game 4 Game 4
    Day 2: PT 1 Game 1, Game 2 Game 3, Game 3, Game 4, Game 4.
    and PT 2 Game 1 Game 1 Game 1 Game 2 Game 2 Game 2 Game 3 Game 3 Game 4 Game 4

So this would reflect missing a question on Game 1 once on day 1 and Game 3 twice on day 1. You also automatically take each game twice the first day so you can watch all the videos at least once.

On Day 2, this reflects missing questions on PT 1 Game 3 and Game 4 once each and then also making some mistakes on PT 2's games.

So it can take up a lot of time, but doesn't drag out over extra days. No matter what, until a week later, I was done with PT1's games. After that I was done with them entirely.

Being able to cross games off of my schedule was a big motivator for me during foolproofing.

• 136 karma

@"Seeking Perfection" Awesome detailed explanation! Thank you.