Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Choosing the right course

Reissie73Reissie73 Member
in General 81 karma

Hey Everyone,
I'm new to 7Sage, (a friend who went to T14 law school referred me) and I'm wondering which course is most worth it for me. I started studying for the LSAT last July, and took the December test even though I knew I wouldn't score high... regret. I had first paid for an expensive online course called Blueprint cause it looked light and doable... it was close to useless. Recently since January I got the powerscore books, just finished and have seen a lot of improvement (though my attitude has also changed about the whole test as well, which may have helped quite a bit). So, since I'm not a beginner, is the Starter course not worth it? I already have all of the preptests, I just want to perfect my skills and get more tips, cause I need to get high 160s or 170s. I usually score high 150s or low 160s on my PTs. Also, I saw the starter course has tests 35-44 but I already did 3 of them... so what do you guys think and did the extra stuff in the other courses give you the extra boost or was the core curriculum enough?
I'm supporting myself right now, and quite low on funds, but if I'm sure that it will do the trick I'm willing to invest...

Comments

• Eric25Eric25 Member
    edited February 2018 720 karma

Welcome to 7sage! I started with the Starter course and used it while i was going through the core curriculum(cc). It was perfect at the time bc i didnt have much money and didnt need any of the features of the other courses. Now that i am doing PTs and working through more drills, I upgraded to ultimate+ because having all the PTs with every explanation is invaluable. I would recommend starting with the starter course and going from there, the cost to upgrade in the future is just the difference in price. With that said, i dont know a single person here that regrets there ultimate+ decision, it is truly fantastic i would always consider that as well

• toniafisher1toniafisher1 Member
    87 karma

I too am not a beginner at this. Went through an online Princeton course, however, at the time I was in school full time and working part time. Big mistake. I don’t know if the course itself was not so great, or just the fact I was overwhelmed. At any rate, I wouldn’t recommend that particular course. I also have gone through the powerscore triology.
    I think the clear way JY explains things is much better than the other courses. So, although you’ve got some experience, I would recommend the starter course. I purchased it myself and have not regretted it.

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

This program is the most helpful. It meets you where you're at and then guides you to more advanced levels.

• lsat4lifelsat4life Alum Member
    255 karma

@"nicole.dg19" said:
    Hey Everyone,
    Recently since January I got the powerscore books, just finished and have seen a lot of improvement (though my attitude has also changed about the whole test as well, which may have helped quite a bit).

Can you elaborate on how your attitude changed and the impact you felt it had on studying -- I am very curious about this issue. Were you not reviewing as much or studying as hard the first time around? Were you fighting with the correct answers?

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

@"nicole.dg19" said:
    Hey Everyone,
    I'm new to 7Sage, (a friend who went to T14 law school referred me) and I'm wondering which course is most worth it for me. I started studying for the LSAT last July, and took the December test even though I knew I wouldn't score high... regret. I had first paid for an expensive online course called Blueprint cause it looked light and doable... it was close to useless. Recently since January I got the powerscore books, just finished and have seen a lot of improvement (though my attitude has also changed about the whole test as well, which may have helped quite a bit). So, since I'm not a beginner, is the Starter course not worth it? I already have all of the preptests, I just want to perfect my skills and get more tips, cause I need to get high 160s or 170s. I usually score high 150s or low 160s on my PTs. Also, I saw the starter course has tests 35-44 but I already did 3 of them... so what do you guys think and did the extra stuff in the other courses give you the extra boost or was the core curriculum enough?
    I'm supporting myself right now, and quite low on funds, but if I'm sure that it will do the trick I'm willing to invest...

If you ask, they might swap out the starter course PTs you have already done for different ones.

I would say it depends largely on what your weaknesses are.

If you mostly need help on logic games, the starter course may be enough since you would probably want the core curriculum and then the logic games explanations which 7 sage gives away for free anyway. That is what I did for my retake with 7 sage.

However, if RC and LR give you more problems and you are planning on doing lots of PTs, you may want the explanation videos for all the sections of all the PTs or at least more than 10 of them. In that is the case, I would recommend getting something more like the ultimate.

You can always upgrade from the Starter if you choose it too. But if you know for sure that you are going to upgrade you might as well have all the resources from the start.

• beezmoofbeezmoof Alum Member
    555 karma

My humble opinion for what it's worth: I made the switch from starter to ultimate + and I wish I had just done ultimate + from the start. When you buy ultimate + from the start, I believe you have longer access (think it's 1.5 years... but I might be wrong), whereas if you switch, you get significantly less time. And as far as retakes go, I think it's always great to have the peace of mind of knowing you have the course for as long as possible.

Also once I had ultimate +, I found myself drilling/using the question bank a ton more for some reason. I've been making sure I've been getting the most out of the extra q's and it's been helping my LR score a lot.

• Eric25Eric25 Member
    720 karma

@beezmoof said:
    My humble opinion for what it's worth: I made the switch from starter to ultimate + and I wish I had just done ultimate + from the start. When you buy ultimate + from the start, I believe you have longer access (think it's 1.5 years... but I might be wrong), whereas if you switch, you get significantly less time. And as far as retakes go, I think it's always great to have the peace of mind of knowing you have the course for as long as possible.

Also once I had ultimate +, I found myself drilling/using the question bank a ton more for some reason. I've been making sure I've been getting the most out of the extra q's and it's been helping my LR score a lot.

Dillon will add the additional Ultimate+ months to your account if you ask him! He just did it for me so it was like I had Ultimate+ from the start! They're the best.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27823 karma

All courses will include the entire core curriculum, so that's the main thing. The Starter is just as comprehensive as far as that goes and is a great value if money is tight. The real difference is in the drills and duration. Higher level packages will include more drills and exercises, and for a longer duration. The price mostly reflects the copyrights that have to be paid for distributing all that copyrighted material. So if you already have all the PTs, the length of access may be the biggest factor, but the drill packs are also really, really great.

• beezmoofbeezmoof Alum Member
    555 karma

@estouten25 wow he did that for me too! Didn't know if that was for everyone though. 7sage is really the best <3

• Reissie73Reissie73 Member
    81 karma

Sorry guys, I didn't get any emails and kinda forgot about my post so I didn't see anyone's answers- I'm terrible! But thank you all so much and I went with the starter course and glad I did since I don't even have enough time to finish all the drills anyway :P 7sage is awesome! :)

• Reissie73Reissie73 Member
    81 karma

@thrillhouse I kind of went into the test thinking yeah of course I can do this I'm just gonna study when I can for three months or something... then got smashed and disappointed so I really just took a step back, encouraged myself that it is much more difficult than I thought and all and just had to empty myself of a lot of worries and the way-too-many things I was trying to do at once (internship, part time job and studying :P), take more time in nature and for myself and focus the rest of my time on studying faithfully every day, starting in the morning and making it my priority. I give classes in the evenings to support myself.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

I think you made a solid choice. If you have more cash later and want to upgrade, 7sage is very generous and can extend your package to get the missing months, as if you signed up for Ultimate+ originally.

I started with the Starter also since I had already purchased a lot of the PTs. But now that I have Ultimate+, I can really see the value in having all the video explanations as well as all of the drill packs. It's a really, really great value. So I'd recommend it if you have the money to upgrade later. But in the mean time, the Starter will get you the core curriculum that will teach you everything you really need to know.

Good luck!