Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Strategy to Improve Speed

Hi everyone. Like everyone I'm sure, I miss a lot more questions when I'm trying to focus on speed. Often when I slow down, or during the blind review, I can get a lot more questions correct that I previously didn't know or answered incorrectly. So I'm looking for advice on how everyone else is improving their speed while retaining accuracy.

One thing I've thought about is when I find the correct answer moving on immediately without reading the remaining. I haven't started doing it though because it seems counter-intuitive to everything I've ever learned about test taking.

Thanks!

Comments

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Have you watched this fantastic webinar yet? https://7sage.com/webinar/post-core-curriculum-study-strategies/

One of the strategies mentioned is a "confidence drill", which is basically what you just said. Practice doing a LR section answering the questions as fast as possible. As soon as you think there is a right answer, fill it in and move on. Just race through it. It'll help you to gauge how good of a grasp you have on things.

There are a lot of other good study tips in the webinar!

• Eric25Eric25 Member
    720 karma

Is the lack of speed because you need extra time to analyze the argument, find the conclusion, find the support, etc? If thats the case, then I've read that speed comes natural as a consequence of mastery of logic and fundamentals. If speed is an issue because you struggle with picking out the correct answer but you completely understand the argument, then it might be more about confidence like @"Leah M B" suggested or a skipping strategy like @Rtwrtw8 mentioned. I love confidence drills, and I don't know any high scorer that doesn't have a skipping strategy!