Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

more options on lg

Nanchito-1-1Nanchito-1-1 Alum Member
in General 1762 karma
I'm scared to spend so much time on the deductions of the sketch or to make additional options. It makes sense to me but I feel like I would take too much time. How do you know when it's ok to make a few sketches?

Comments

• harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    It'll just come intuitively with practice I think. Eventually you'll learn which ones to spend extra time drawing out the other diagrams, and which ones don't need the extras drawn. It comes with practice.
  • blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
    3545 karma
    What @harrismegan said. Also, something that I do before I start every game is look at the questions. If 6/7 questions are conditionals, then I know I need to go straight to the questions. If there are like 3/4 rules, I know that that also means that I need to go straight to the questions.

If there are 6/7 conditional questions with like 5 rules, that's when I know I need to make deductions. Alternatively, if only half of the questions are conditionals but the other half are MBT/MBF, that means I know I need to spend time making deductions upfront.
  • Matt1234567Matt1234567 Inactive ⭐
    1294 karma
    What helps me out is to see how many rules the game has. If the rules are really restrictive and I don't have too many variables to play around with, I generally try and put the items on the game board to make more sense of it, and if possible, complete the game board through splitting it up based on the rules. If I see the game has less rules which are more open ended, I draw my game board, try to see if I can map out any inferences from what I've been given, and go straight into the questions.
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    After practicing with the various types of games that are on 7sage + printing 10 copies when you don't get a 100% on a game will really strengthen your approach on LGs.