Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should you focus on the more frequent LG's while studying?

mzoodlemzoodle Member

"A brief analysis of the table reveals that Linear and Grouping games dominate the percentages, and 91% of games on past tests were Grouping, Linear, or Grouping/Linear Combination games (almost 95% if you consider that Pattern games are also Linear in nature). Other game types appeared relatively infrequently. A student with limited preparation time would obviously be well-served to tilt their preparation towards the Linear and Grouping games as these types appear on every LSAT and are by far the most frequently appearing types of games".

Comments

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

Focus on all of them. They're all for the most part the same thing over and over again, honestly. I went from knowing 0 about LG to drilling them all like crazy for 3 weeks and after that it became my best section. If you are talking about limited time from now until December, that is a good time frame to get good at all games.

Linear (sequencing) games and grouping games do appear almost every time, though. Focus largely on those but not to the exclusion of other games. At least attempt some of the misc. games since they're showing up more and more now too.

best of luck!

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    edited September 2017 9377 karma

I agree with @TheMikey, but you should bear in mind that weird games are making a comeback so you should drill old games as well. Good luck!

Your post contains a quote from another website without citation, so I am posting where you got this from:
    Dave Killoran "LSAT Logic Game Types and Frequency of Appearance" PowerScore, October 18, 2010 at 9:58 AM https://www.powerscore.com/lsat/help/game_types.cfm