Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Affording Law School

Simple ManSimple Man Alum Member

Hey guys!

I'm sending out my feelers for everybody's wisdom. Obviously, scoring well on the LSAT is a great way to receive scholarship offers.

However, I want more resources for scholarship opportunities. Let's assume that my LSAT is good enough to get accepted to a school, but not good enough to receive a financial offer. Does anybody have good resources for general scholarships, or scholarships that are geared towards a specific school or area of the law? I'd like my law degree to be focused in business, corporate, real estate, or contract law.

Thanks for everybody's input! It's been about 8 years since I've applied to a school, so I'm a little rusty on where to find these money tree seeds.

Comments

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

I just discovered that the 7sage admissions course has a section that lists a bunch of outside scholarship opportunities! Don't remember if it's included with your level of course. If not, it's a $10 add-on and in my opinion, very worth it.

Other than that, I'm also just now starting to look into outside scholarship funding as well. Especially with at least one acceptance to a school I would love to attend but, as of now, can't afford hah.

• Simple ManSimple Man Alum Member
    edited March 2018 448 karma

@"Leah M B" said:
    I just discovered that the 7sage admissions course has a section that lists a bunch of outside scholarship opportunities! Don't remember if it's included with your level of course. If not, it's a $10 add-on and in my opinion, very worth it.

Other than that, I'm also just now starting to look into outside scholarship funding as well. Especially with at least one acceptance to a school I would love to attend but, as of now, can't afford hah.

Thank you! I'll have to check it out :)

• LastLSATLastLSAT Alum Member
    edited April 2018 1028 karma

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

This is a pretty cool resource I found when researching for scholarships. Keep reading, its not just Yale scholarships - its a listing of third party scholarships you can apply for.

https://law.yale.edu/admissions/cost-financial-aid/financial-aid-forms-resources/outside-scholarships

Good luck!

• Simple ManSimple Man Alum Member
    448 karma

@LCMama2017 said:
    This is a pretty cool resource I found when researching for scholarships. Keep reading, its not just Yale scholarships - its a listing of third party scholarships you can apply for.

https://law.yale.edu/admissions/cost-financial-aid/financial-aid-forms-resources/outside-scholarships

Good luck!

Thank you, great resource!

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

Great tips! Thanks for posting :)