Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Affording Law School - 7Sage Forum

Affording Law School

Simple ManSimple Man Alum Member

Hey guys!

I'm sending out my feelers for everybody's wisdom. Obviously, scoring well on the LSAT is a great way to receive scholarship offers.

However, I want more resources for scholarship opportunities. Let's assume that my LSAT is good enough to get accepted to a school, but not good enough to receive a financial offer. Does anybody have good resources for general scholarships, or scholarships that are geared towards a specific school or area of the law? I'd like my law degree to be focused in business, corporate, real estate, or contract law.

Thanks for everybody's input! It's been about 8 years since I've applied to a school, so I'm a little rusty on where to find these money tree seeds.

Comments

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

I just discovered that the 7sage admissions course has a section that lists a bunch of outside scholarship opportunities! Don't remember if it's included with your level of course. If not, it's a $10 add-on and in my opinion, very worth it.

Other than that, I'm also just now starting to look into outside scholarship funding as well. Especially with at least one acceptance to a school I would love to attend but, as of now, can't afford hah.

• Simple ManSimple Man Alum Member
    edited March 2018 448 karma

@"Leah M B" said:
    I just discovered that the 7sage admissions course has a section that lists a bunch of outside scholarship opportunities! Don't remember if it's included with your level of course. If not, it's a $10 add-on and in my opinion, very worth it.

Other than that, I'm also just now starting to look into outside scholarship funding as well. Especially with at least one acceptance to a school I would love to attend but, as of now, can't afford hah.

Thank you! I'll have to check it out :)

• LastLSATLastLSAT Alum Member
    edited April 2018 1028 karma

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

This is a pretty cool resource I found when researching for scholarships. Keep reading, its not just Yale scholarships - its a listing of third party scholarships you can apply for.

https://law.yale.edu/admissions/cost-financial-aid/financial-aid-forms-resources/outside-scholarships

Good luck!

• Simple ManSimple Man Alum Member
    448 karma

@LCMama2017 said:
    This is a pretty cool resource I found when researching for scholarships. Keep reading, its not just Yale scholarships - its a listing of third party scholarships you can apply for.

https://law.yale.edu/admissions/cost-financial-aid/financial-aid-forms-resources/outside-scholarships

Good luck!

Thank you, great resource!

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

Great tips! Thanks for posting :)