Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Law School Admission

LSATChaosLSATChaos Alum Member

Hi everyone, I was just wondering what I should do if I haven't heard back from a law school yet. I am not wait listed, I am neither accepted nor denied. Its been 10 weeks already. Any help is appreciated thank you!

Comments

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

You could send a LOCI, could call without giving your name and ask, or could openly ask.

• Paul CaintPaul Caint Alum Member
    3521 karma

Seeing as how it's past the deposit deadline for many schools I would call to make sure they didn't lose your application lol

• stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma

Because there were so many applications this cycle, many schools are taking longer than usually. But most schools say it will be 8-12 weeks to hear back.

It looks like 10 weeks ago would have been mid February, did you take the Feb LSAT? If so they might have held till March for that score.

You can always send a LOCI or hang right. I had a few apps take 15 weeks this cycle.

• LSATChaosLSATChaos Alum Member
    65 karma

Thank you for your help! Does it mean anything if the "current status date" has changed? I recently checked again and saw that the current status date had changed to yesterday's date. I'm not sure if that means anything, thanks again!

• tylerdschreur10tylerdschreur10 Alum Member
    1465 karma

My nyu app took about 15 weeks, not that atypical. I think touching in wouldn't hurt, just be sure you don't come across as impatient.

• PearsonSpecterLittUpPearsonSpecterLittUp Alum Member
    588 karma

I got an email from a school today, that I submitted in Dec.... and it was not a rejection!!! So there is still hope :)

• LSATChaosLSATChaos Alum Member
    65 karma

Congratss!!! That gives me hope thank you :) @PearsonSpecterLittUp