Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

THE WAIT

LsatkayyLsatkayy Alum Member
in General 162 karma

Is no news really good news with admissions???? What does it mean???

Comments

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

It really just means no news. :) Could be good, or not as good, but as long as you haven't heard from a school, it hasn't been ruled out yet. It's tough... I still haven't heard from one school.

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    2531 karma

I'm going to assume that they work through the waitlist from most favorable to least favorable. Having to wait a while isn't good news, but it might not be bad news either. Hang in there

• m.c lshopefulm.c lshopeful Alum Member
    614 karma

i think the wait list priority goes like this:

1. do we need certain stats to maintain stats? if not, proceed to #2
    2. who are the candidates we really liked? are we over budget? do we need people to pay sticker?
    3. who of said candidates are we sure will accept the offer?
  • Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

@"mickey.caleb" said:

2. who are the candidates we really liked? are we over budget? do we need people to pay sticker?

I think 3 might be closer to tied with 2. If someone on the waitlist doesn't accept it hurts their yield and also makes it harder to get the next person since they might have committed in the interim.

• m.c lshopefulm.c lshopeful Alum Member
    614 karma

@"Seeking Perfection" said:

@"mickey.caleb" said:

I think 3 might be closer to tied with 2. If someone on the waitlist doesn't accept it hurts their yield and also makes it harder to get the next person since they might have committed in the interim.

maybe if they didn't like any leftover candidates? lol

but yeah, i think sometimes adcomms reach out to applicants to get a sense of 2/3 at the same time. ie: contacting an applicant to see if they would be willing to accept even though scholarship funds have run dry.

i would be willing to bet that, often times, candidates have been writing LOCI/contacting the school themselves offering up information that answers a lot of these, and other, questions!