Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Practicing the LSAT Without Access to Material

MicolashMicolash Member
in General 218 karma

Hey, all! So I have sort of a weird question.

Right now I'm in my last semester of university and I'm currently working two jobs while going to class full time. While I love my jobs, there are a lot of downtime in between them where I'm stuck with nothing to do. Since I can't exactly have my laptop with me or any real studying sources (it will look like I'm not working), is there some way to still "practice" the LSAT somehow? Thank you, all!

Comments

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8699 karma

I would memorize the valid/invalid argument forms on flashcards. Or flashcards on premise indicators, causal indicators, conclusion indicators etc. You can also write out argument forms several times. I also would begin working on key mathematical concepts that might score you point or two here or there. You could also try to go over strategy like: think of a causal argument and then think of ways to weaken it, strengthen it.
    En lieu of flashcards, you can do something like this:
    what is a "not both" conditional relationship?
    what happens if I satisfy the sufficient?
    What happens if I fail the sufficient?
    What happens if I satisfy the necessary?
    What happens if I fail the necessary?
    How could a flaw question be designed around a not both conditional?
    Do not both relationship exclude the possibility of neither element being chosen?

Ultimately, familiarity with the core concepts is what lends itself to confidence and confidence lends itself to speed.

Best of luck,
    David

• MicolashMicolash Member
    edited May 2018 218 karma

@BinghamtonDave said:
    I would memorize the valid/invalid argument forms on flashcards. Or flashcards on premise indicators, causal indicators, conclusion indicators etc. You can also write out argument forms several times. I also would begin working on key mathematical concepts that might score you point or two here or there. You could also try to go over strategy like: think of a causal argument and then think of ways to weaken it, strengthen it.
    En lieu of flashcards, you can do something like this:
    what is a "not both" conditional relationship?
    what happens if I satisfy the sufficient?
    What happens if I fail the sufficient?
    What happens if I satisfy the necessary?
    What happens if I fail the necessary?
    How could a flaw question be designed around a not both conditional?
    Do not both relationship exclude the possibility of neither element being chosen?

Ultimately, familiarity with the core concepts is what lends itself to confidence and confidence lends itself to speed.

Best of luck,
    David

Thank you so much for this! I've just started the Core Curriculum in 7Sage so a lot of those concepts aren't too familiar to me yet but I'll definitely be preparing flash cards for them soon. Though when you say "key mathematical concepts," what exactly do you mean? The logical arguments such as A -> B?

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

So doing logic games would probably be beyond the pale?

What do people normally do during the down time and what things books, phone, paper, flahcards, ect would be okay to have with you?