Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to do CC?

in General 615 karma

Hi everyone,

I just finished MSS question sets, and am constantly missing 2~3 questions. I'm actually amazed at my stupidity.
Should I redo MSS or should I just continue?
Also, is it better to finish each section and go on to the next one? or should I stick with the schedule? I've read some other people's postings and many seem to finish LG first to get it out of the way.
I'd really appreciate any advice! Thank you!

Comments

• NovLSAT2019NovLSAT2019 Alum Member
    620 karma

I was actually briefly discussing this with @ATLsat_2019. I’m a big fan of just going through the CC as is. Many of the lessons I learned in the LR section laid the foundation for LG. You might be interested in having thorough BR sessions to pinpoint why you are missing those questions.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Yes, I really think the best way to do it is to just go through the order is it laid out, top to bottom. The lessons flow really well in building a foundation first, and then learning new skills and how to approach questions as you go.

I wouldn't worry too much about missing the Qs in the problem sets just yet. Obviously it's important to learn that, but I think you shouldn't dwell too long on it for now. There's a lot more of the CC to go. Maybe make a note that it's a section to circle back to, and study more. Or, if you want help, feel free to post question #s here and we'll see if we can help you work out where you're getting hung up.

• ATLsat_2019ATLsat_2019 Member
    455 karma

agreed with @BrianSeo and @"Leah M B"! I think the key to missing questions at this point is to understand why you're missing them. You don't necessarily want to redo a bunch of things or go through a ton of problem sets, rather focus on understanding the core logic behind the question and the answer choices. BR as Brian said is a great way to do this. So is going through the explanation videos.

I think definitely going in order is the way to go. The Logic/LR lessons are a lot bigger a concept to grasp than LG, which is much more methodical. For me at least, LG comes a lot more quickly and easily than the other sections. It seems daunting but you'll get the hang of the games a lot faster than you think. :smile:

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6045 karma

I think the key to missing questions at this point is to understand why you're missing them. You don't necessarily want to redo a bunch of things or go through a ton of problem sets, rather focus on understanding the core logic behind the question and the answer choices. BR as Brian said is a great way to do this. So is going through the explanation videos.

Ditto, this. It's more important to understand and solidfy your reasoning. Also, a lot of the course builds on from one concept to another. So as you get a better understanding of structure and support through strengthen, MBT, SA, Flaw, etc. the better understanding you'll have of MSS. Try not to use up all your problem sets at once and save them for drilling during and after you complete the curriculum. The way the curriculum is currently laid out is perfect because the logic concepts you learn in LR will help you with LG and everything you learn in LR can be applied to RC.

• 615 karma

@BrianSeo Ah, I’m keep making same mistakes because I’m not properly doing the BR.

@"Leah M B" I think it’s partially my lack of concentration. I tend to get carried away with the a word in the passage… I guess I’ll just continue with CC, and maybe redo it later.

@ATLsat_2019 I guess I got it all wrong. I thought BR was just for PTs. Good thing I asked! I was thinking I wouldn’t need to BR because I’m not doing the questions timed...

@keets993 So if there’s 12 sets, should I do maybe like 6 and save the rest for later?

Thank you everyone! Really an eye opener. Missing so many questions was discouraging, but will have to wait till after CC to see.

• ATLsat_2019ATLsat_2019 Member
    455 karma

@HaloHalo I think a good way to do it if you're doing untimed is to still go through the set with a relative sense of urgency, then go back and BR any you aren't sure about. You don't want to force yourself to go too fast at the beginning, but you do want to start to get a sense for pacing. I like to set stopwatch if I'm doing things untimed, so I don't have to stick to any particular timeframe but I'm still getting an idea of how long I'm taking

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6045 karma

@HaloHalo Yeah so what I did was that if there are 12 sets for a section, I would do it one or two of the sets after finishing that unit. Make sure you do them untimed and BR them thoroughly. For BR, I would write down the q-stem, stimulus and break down exactly what the stimulus is stating. I would then thoroughly dissect each answer choice and write down why I think the 4 are wrong and the 1 is right. This process allows you to confront your reasoning because it's written right there in front of you. You know if you got a question wrong it's because you didn't understand something. I also BR-ed all the questions that are covered in the curriculum.

Then after I had done a couple more question types, I would go back and do one or more problem sets. So looking at the curriculum now - after finishing the logic section (which is very important so take as long as you need on this), weaken, and strengthen - I would do one or more sets of MSS and throw a MP/MC set in there too. I would keep doing this as the curriculum progresses, making sure to keep at least 1/3 of the problem sets untouched. There are three reasons for this: first, the problem sets increase in difficulty. Unless you're naturally very adept at the reasoning the LSAT requires, you probably will struggle with level 5 questions of MSS, when all you've covered so far is MSS. People that have finished with the curriculum also struggle with the difficult questions. The second reason is because everything is related. My understanding of SA or advanced logic would help my reasoning in understanding why a particular answer choice is wrong for this type of question but it could be the right answer choice for another. The third reason is because it serves as a nice refresher and application of knowledge. It truly allows you to see how everything in LR is closely related. As your understanding of one concept or question type increases, your understanding of other types increases as well.