Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will there be more reading calls?

janelleengjanelleeng Alum Member

Does anyone know if there will be another month of reading comp calls? I would love to join as reading comp is my weakest section.

Comments

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    2531 karma

I am pretty sure there aren't any calls scheduled. I was sad to have missed them as well.

• KeepCalmKeepCalm Alum Member
    edited July 2018 807 karma

LOVE THEM!

• janelleengjanelleeng Alum Member
    154 karma

@J.Y Ping

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6045 karma

@studentservice

Perhaphs you guys can try making your own calls for RC? Essentially what the call consisted of was people took turns reading the passage. It would either be that one person reads the entire thing or people take turns reading paragraphs. After each paragraph was read, you'd break it down in terms of what was being discussed. Starting by coming up with a low-resolution summary, followed by slightly higher-resolution summaries. You do this for each paragraph and discuss how the passage as a whole is structured, followed by what you think the main point & author's tone are. Make sure everyone feels fairly confident with the stimulus before moving on to the questions. Just a suggestion! :)

• KeepCalmKeepCalm Alum Member
    807 karma

:) THANK YOU @KEETS993!

• Giselle112Giselle112 Alum Member
    151 karma

I would love to be included on one of these calls if they happen before the July test!

• studentservicestudentservice Alum Member Administrator Moderator Student Services
    1421 karma

Sorry, there are no plans for J.Y. to do more calls in the near future.