Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Taking PTs during CC

Ari_Gold180Ari_Gold180 Member
in General 43 karma

I'm just curious as to whether any of you go through the CC all the way through before taking another PT after having taken the diagnostic test in the beginning. If you do/did take PTs throughout the CC, how often do/did you take them and are there certain points within the CC that you think would be a good point to take one.

Comments

• s_jrickes_jricke Alum Member
    360 karma

@Ari_Gold180 said:
    I'm just curious as to whether any of you go through the CC all the way through before taking another PT after having taken the diagnostic test in the beginning. If you do/did take PTs throughout the CC, how often do/did you take them and are there certain points within the CC that you think would be a good point to take one.

I would highly recommend finishing the CC before taking more tests after your diagnostic. Otherwise, you're kind of wasting tests. The point of the CC is to get you ready to take PTs and from there you work on timing strategies and getting better at them. Without the CC, unless you're already proficient in the type of logic the LSAT tests (which in itself would be hard to know until you go through the CC or something similar), you're probably going to have questions that you straight up just have no idea how to answer. The problem is that the CC is going to eventually help you gain the skills to answer those questions, but you will have killed an opportunity to practice those questions on a test because you've already seen them. Fresh PTs are a limited resource, so I have to recommend taking them only after you've gotten a comfortable grasp on all the fundamentals.

• JPJ July2021JPJ July2021 Core Member
    1532 karma

I second what @s_jricke said. Wait until you're done with the CC.