Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

November 2018 Too Late for Canadian Admission?

ajstephens93ajstephens93 Alum Member

Hello! First, I hope all of your studying is going or went well.

I am applying to Canadian schools this fall and I am writing the LSAT on November 17. I am worried that this date will put me on the later side of the applicant pool and hurt my chances. My GPA is not great, although I have a solid explanation for my poor performance during my first year and a good trend line during my last three. I have good professor recommendations and I am planning on scoring in the 165+ range.

I know that most schools in Canada have a November 1 application deadline. Please let me know if you have any information!

Thanks!

Comments

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6050 karma

Nope, November is not too late. Depending on where you're applying to, some of them take in Feb (or I guess its now Jan) as well. I know that most Ontario schools generally start first round of admissions around december/Jan so November is not too late. Best of luck!

• ebalde1234ebalde1234 Member
    905 karma

@keets993 said:
    Nope, November is not too late. Depending on where you're applying to, some of them take in Feb (or I guess its now Jan) as well. I know that most Ontario schools generally start first round of admissions around december/Jan so November is not too late. Best of luck!

Correct

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    edited July 2018 1777 karma

@keets993 if the school's app deadline is Nov 1st, can you still apply with a November exam score if you don't have any other scores?

6050 karma

@"samantha.ashley92" yeah! When the applications open up, you can indicate which date(s) you're writing. So they won't consider/look at your application until the score is in. If say, you are signed up for Nov and Jan and you are satisfied with Nov, be sure to cancel Jan from your application. Similarly, if you decide to take Jan...I think your application is still on 'hold' or they might look at it anyway. Try to attend some seminar's/check out websites for the schools you want to attend just to be 100%.

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    edited July 2018 1777 karma

@keets993 thats so good to know! I have been freaking out today because I took my first PT post-CC (except for the RC because I was too tired :joy:) and I was really disappointed by my score. Idk if a September score is going to be good enough for me.

6050 karma

@"samantha.ashley92" yeah it's something we've all been through! It's helpful that the 7sage philosophy is also 'don't take till you're ready' so it makes you feel less like a minority or an outlier if you have to postpone your date or even by a year.