Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do I submit my transcript to LSAC? #help

GrumpySnailGrumpySnail Alum Member
edited July 2018 in Law School Admissions 100 karma

Okay, I know this is probably a VERY silly question, but I am getting super confused right now even after reading LSAC's official instructions and googling online.
So I have downloaded, printed out, and signed the Transcript Request Form. What should I do next? Should I send it to the schools that I attended and ask them to send the form along with my official transcript to LSAC by mail?
When I applied for grad school I requested my transcript online with my undergraduate institution, and the process was pretty simple and straight forward. I just go to the website, fill in the name of the grad school, select the right options and hit "submit". I tried this again just now, but when I searched LSAC/Law School Admission Council, nothing showed up.
Could anyone please tell me the exact process? I apoligize for asking this stupid question but I just don't understand what to do with my transcripts now.

Comments

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

It's not a stupid question. LSAC makes things as difficult as possible haha.

It's a little bit different for every school. For the 2 community colleges I had credit with, I emailed the registrar to ask about requesting transcripts and they sent me back a form to fill out for the request. I emailed that back along with a copy of the LSAC transcript request form and instructed them to print the form and include it with the transcript. No way to verify they did it, but LSAC has my transcripts so must have worked! haha.

Some schools have online systems for transcripts. These are the approved electronic transcript services for LSAC:

National Student Clearinghouse
    Credentials Solutions
    Scrip-Safe

If you go to order a transcript online and your school is using one of those services to do it, then it can be sent directly to LSAC. You may need to manually type in the address where it should be sent to, if that's an option.

If you are confused about how it works with your university, you could always call the registrar's office and ask someone. They should be able to help!

(And as a side note, make sure to get transcripts for any college you have credit from. I had a couple classes in high school that I received community college credit for, so I had to request one directly from that college.)

• GrumpySnailGrumpySnail Alum Member
    edited July 2018 100 karma

@"Leah M B" said:
    It's not a stupid question. LSAC makes things as difficult as possible haha.

It's a little bit different for every school. For the 2 community colleges I had credit with, I emailed the registrar to ask about requesting transcripts and they sent me back a form to fill out for the request. I emailed that back along with a copy of the LSAC transcript request form and instructed them to print the form and include it with the transcript. No way to verify they did it, but LSAC has my transcripts so must have worked! haha.

Some schools have online systems for transcripts. These are the approved electronic transcript services for LSAC:

National Student Clearinghouse
    Credentials Solutions
    Scrip-Safe

If you go to order a transcript online and your school is using one of those services to do it, then it can be sent directly to LSAC. You may need to manually type in the address where it should be sent to, if that's an option.

If you are confused about how it works with your university, you could always call the registrar's office and ask someone. They should be able to help!

(And as a side note, make sure to get transcripts for any college you have credit from. I had a couple classes in high school that I received community college credit for, so I had to request one directly from that college.)

Thank you Leah! This is super helpful information. I guess I will just call or e-mail my college to figure out a way to send my transcripts to LSAC.

• Chipster StudyChipster Study Yearly Member
    893 karma

Well, this is helpful because I have requested that my undergraduate college send my transcripts into LSAC twice and they have not listed as received. Where does on get the LSAC transcript form in electronic format? My college only accepts electronic requests that they pass along to the 3rd party vendor who actually does the work. Thanks.

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

@"Chipster Study" said:
    Well, this is helpful because I have requested that my undergraduate college send my transcripts into LSAC twice and they have not listed as received. Where does on get the LSAC transcript form in electronic format? My college only accepts electronic requests that they pass along to the 3rd party vendor who actually does the work. Thanks.

For mine, I just printed out the LSAC transcript request form, signed it, and then scanned that into a pdf. That way, I could attach it to my official transcript request digitially. On National Student Clearinghouse, I think they have a place where you can attach files during your transcript request from your school or University. That would be where you uploaded the signed and scanned LSAC form.
    I screwed up on one of these, and called the school's Records and Registration office in a hurry and told them I forgot to attach the LSAC form. They said no prob, just email it as they were compiling it right that moment. I emailed it, they attached it, and LSAC got it no problem. When in doubt, call the school.

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    edited July 2018 1777 karma

I will also add to @"Leah M B" 's comment (for other people who may be reading this) that you also have to include any schools that you attended but didn't get credit from. If you have a transcript, even if it's all W's, you have to send it. I am actually in that situation, and it sucks.

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    3652 karma

All I did last year was google “request transcripts [school name].” There will be a link on the school website with instructions and you just fill out the online form. When you select an institution you just select LSAC. Then include your LSAC account number on whatever line it is on the request form toward the end. Include card info to pay. Then you get text/email updates and possibly an additional form to sign and email to confirm your request. I had to request like 8 of them for the multiple online classes I took at diff community colleges. Not sure why you would physically print anything and do it by snail mail.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

@"surfy surf" said:
    Not sure why you would physically print anything and do it by snail mail.

It depends on the school. For schools that don’t use the approved electronic systems, they have to send a physical transcript to LSAC and include the form provided by LSAC and signed by the student.

For at least 2 community colleges, I had to print the LSAC form, sign it, scan it, email over to the school and ask them to print it and include with the physical transcript when sending to LSAC. For one or maybe 2 schools I was able to do the more simple electronic system. So, it depends on the school and what system they use for transcripts.

• katie.pope97katie.pope97 Member
    3 karma

I'm having trouble figuring out how to list my high school as an institution on my LSAC account. It states in the instructions that you need to attach the LSAC form to all transcripts but I can't receive the form without adding my high school as an institution. Has anyone figured this out?

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

High school classes for high school credit only are not included in the LSAC transcripts. The LSAC GPA only has classes taken for college credit up to the point of someone's first undergraduate degree. So classes taken in high school for college credit would count and be submitted. Also, if you went to grad school, you'd also send them these transcripts because they're post high school, but they won't be part of the LSAC GPA. Same for a second bachelor's degree.

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Also, I found that most colleges were using national clearinghouses and online forms to handle the transcript process.