Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BR vs Time

haydenbairdhaydenbaird Alum Member
in General 57 karma

Hi,

I am taking the September LSAT and have taken about 8 practice tests thus far and have been between 157 and 160 on all of them, however my BR is much much higher, as High as 169. This is especially true on LR, where I am normally -5-8 and BR -1-3. I have about 40 days left and would love to score around 162-165. Is this possible and what is my best course of action.

Comments

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    edited July 2018 1777 karma

Your BR score is always possible. Your discrepancy is pretty high, which shows a lot of potential. I think that in 40 days you can get to a 162, keeping in mind that most people score about 3 points lower than their PTs on actual test day.

• Kyle....Kyle.... Alum Member
    134 karma

If you're 40 days out I'd recommend taking as many timed tests as you can between then and now (and of course BR'ing/reviewing each of them). LR questions get wayyyyy easier the more you do them. So many of the questions are formulaic and it's possible to almost predict what an answer choice will be for a given question stem after a while.

And if you're finding you consistently have difficulty with a certain type of question, 7Sage has some great resources where you can practice only that type of question.

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

I would take time and do individual questions in order to better understand your habits and strategies. Then once you know what you are doing wrong under time and what is causing the large score discrepancy, you can reevaluate and fix it.