Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many/which PTs to save for potential rewrites?

in General 200 karma

Hey all, I've seen some people suggest saving some PTs so, in the event one needs a retake, you still have access to some virgin PTs. With my current PT schedule, I will be writing 11 more PTs, all from the 70s and 80s, before I write the LSAT in September. This would leave me with only PT C2 left as virgin and, of course, those tests that are released subsequently.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Should I save a few more? Should I not worry? I have two more years of my BA before I can go to law school, so I would probably wait about a year before rewriting.

Comments

• ExcludedMiddleExcludedMiddle Alum Member
    edited July 2018 737 karma

I wouldn't worry too much about it. It's better to prepare so extensively that you barely have any material left with which to prep than to not even get through that much of what's out there. There's a very real mindset aspect to doing well on this test. Prepare yourself for success, and don't go into an LSAT thinking you'll have to retake. Envision yourself dominating on test day. Believe it will happen.

Depending on where you're scoring, you might get by with just doing one PT per week that you scrupulously review. But, I'd say burning through PTs is more of a legitimate worry if someone is obviously not anywhere near where they want to be performance-wise, or if there are obvious knowledge gaps.

Good luck to you in September.

• eRetakereRetaker Free Trial Member
    2043 karma

I retook PTs and found it to be very helpful. Sure, your scores might not be accurate, but you'll be learning and reinforcing concepts that you might've missed the first time you took it.