Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). How many PTs does it typically take for someone to hit their peak? - 7Sage Forum

How many PTs does it typically take for someone to hit their peak?

Gunningfor121Gunningfor121 Alum Member
in General 517 karma

I'm sure it varies from person to person. I ask because I'll be able to get through about 30 PTs before I take the March 2019 LSAT and am curious if I would be cheating myself by not doing more

Comments

• eRetakereRetaker Free Trial Member
    edited August 2018 2043 karma

Did my PTs in order from 1-83 and A, B, C, and C2. Personally had the same score range after about PT55 then at PTs 72-78 my scores died. From 79 til the end I reached my highest scores but underperformed on my first LSAT. Retook four months and during this time I just reused PTs 65-83 and found this second run to be very valuable as I was seeing patterns I didn't realize were there the first time. So my point is that I don't really think you can peak unless you are hitting 180 each time. There is always something each PT reinforces or teaches you even after redoing them. Though I will mention that you may hit your goal score a lot earlier than 30 PTs so doing every PT is absolutely not necessary.

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

I think it depends on what you mean by peak. There's really no such thing (in my opinion) as a personal peak. The only peak is 180. Will you be able to get a 180 after 30 PTs? Probably not. Will you be able to get a really good score after 30 PTs? I'd say there's a very good chance. I don't think you'd be cheating yourself at all by planning on taking the March 2019 test. The only way you'd cheat yourself is if March is really close and you aren't near your goal and you decide to take anyway.

• Lucas CarterLucas Carter Alum Member
    2804 karma

Definitely about quality over quantity. By that I mean how much you take away and learn from each one. Anyone can take every single prep test, what matters is what you gain and learn from each one. JY uses a really useful analogy of extracting every last drip of learning juice out of each PT. Try to really push yourself to do that.

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    2531 karma

I think the first 20 PT's are where you'll see the bulk of your improvement. After that, scores will become more consistent but with good prep they can slowly improve.