Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Here from July

Rooney10Rooney10 Alum Member

Hey, guys, I just found out my results from the July LSAT, and wouldn't you know? I am back once again on this journey called the LSAT. I was PTing in the low 160s, and shit hit the fan with the first LG section (usually score -2) and it dropped to a 153 (I am sure with help of the residual shock that hurt the next section). Anyways, hoping to see if anyone can point me in the right direction. Was averaging -15 LR; -8 RC; -2 LG, so if any has an idea of how I can analyze this trend, feel free to comment. Thinking of running through the CC on weaker question types, drill, and start PTing again in mid to late SEP. Thanks, and lets crush it!

Comments

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

That LR average is demanding your attention.

Do you BR solo or with others? Do you write out explanations or do cookie cutter review?

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

Was this your first take? When are you wanting to apply?

• Rooney10Rooney10 Alum Member
    46 karma

@NotMyName Ok, I will focus on LR. And I usually BR solo, and in the last couple PTs before the July test I was writing out the thought-process of why I picked that wrong question in an attempt to pick up on any trends that were leading me to the wrong AC.

@MissChanandler Yeah it was. I am wanting to apply this cycle for sure, and hopefully submit everything before JAN2019 because I have MI BOLC in AZ starting then. I have a 3.9, which will hopefully carry me into my back up school (GA State), but I am really wanting UGA as my top choice.

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

I suggest joining an LR BR call. There are several (at least 2) in the forum.

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    1777 karma

I was going to suggest BR calls, too. I'm having an informal one next weekend-- probably PT 74. Of course, @keets993 has them going regularly. Was anxiety affecting your July performance?

46 karma

@"samantha.ashley92" Ok, I will for sure try them out when I get back into BRing in SEP; probs going to concentrate on fundamentals of LR before I start back. And, I wouldn't say anxiety was an overwhelming factor, but after struggling on the LG (one w/ circular), which is my best section, I lost a lot of confidence going into the next section.

1777 karma

I would suggest going over some of the misc problems. I remember hearing something about a circular problem. I didn't take the July test, but I remember a circular problem about train stations in a misc problem set. I think that feeling more confident in your abilities to figure out those weird problems will help you on test day. Like I took PT 72 recently, and it turns out I set up the misc game board totally wrong. Somehow, I only got two of the questions wrong. The point of me saying that is that I didn't allow the fact that I was confused about the game board shake me too much. I had a general idea of what was going on, and I just rolled with it. I knew that I got the simple sequencing with a twist game (with many questions) correct, so I just kept reminding myself of that. So when your next test day comes, don't even think about that stupid circle game from July. Don't let your past performance shake you up.

46 karma

@"samantha.ashley92" Awesome, I think that advice will be beneficial in gaining more confidence after being disoriented with an unorthodox game. I appreciate the anecdote and the personal experience!

1777 karma

I have plenty of experience with messing up lol. Always happy to share. :joy: I don't have a ton of experience with self-compassion, but research shows that self-compassion after a perceived failure improves performance. I think someone recently posted something about this with an article attached.

• Mia FairweatherMia Fairweather Alum Member
    221 karma

@"samantha.ashley92" when exactly are you doing that LR BR call ?

edited August 2018 1777 karma

@"Mia Fairweather" Sunday, probably in then early afternoon. If you're interested, I'll add you into the private group message I made.

• Mia FairweatherMia Fairweather Alum Member
    221 karma

@"samantha.ashley92" do you mind adding me? that would awesome

1777 karma

@"Mia Fairweather" sure! You can get in on the next one. :)