Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

how to properly drill lr

youbbyunyoubbyun Alum Member

hey all,

So I've been noticing that I've been missing a lot of NA, PSA, and SA questions. I think I want to really drill these questions so they become like second nature.

My question is - how should I drill these question types?

I've already done all PT's from 20-57.

I'm planning to save PT's 58-84 as full length PT practice tests.

Should I drill these question types by redoing NA/SA/SA questions from PT's I've already done -- PT's 20-57?

Also, should I also drill questions I've previously gotten right, or focus more on questions I got wrong?

Any input or advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• Beast ModeBeast Mode Live Member
    edited August 2018 850 karma

Hi, did you use all of the drill sets in the CC for those question types? Maybe it helps to go back to the CC to review the lessons before drilling more. You might just need to refine your fundamentals a bit. I was in the same boat as you so I had to go back rewatch those lessons again and review my notes then drill from the sets that I had saved when I did the CC.

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

If you want to drill but also want to leave PTs 58+ untouched then you'll have to redo those older problems, but that shouldn't be an issue at all. If you really really wanted problems you've never seen before I guess you could buy PTs 1-20 but that seems unnecessary. I would drill problems that you got wrong and problems that you got right.

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    2531 karma

I’d drill from older PTs untimed. Do it like a BR and really try to gain a deeper understanding of these questions. The more deeply you understand them, the less likely you are to miss them when you are doing them timed.

• tams2018tams2018 Member
    727 karma

I think you need to review flaw lessons again. All weak arguments on the LSAT deal with a flaw in the argument in some way shape or form.

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6050 karma

Hmmm, I agree with @tams2018, maybe you need to focus on a more detailed analysis of why you struggle with these. NA, SA, and PSA all deal with support structure and the fact that you've had exposure to so many of these questions illustrates that it may be some underlying gap in your understanding of structure. When you drill them or do BR, do you write down the actual structure? As in,

Premise 1

Premise 2

Conclusion

And then break down the answer choices according to their logical structure too? (especially SA and PSA). Maybe that's what tripping you up, the incorrect answer choices that sound right in English but in logic have no relation to the actual structure. I think you need to first figure out why they're tough for you (is it the ACs, the stimulus) and then it's easier to figure out how to improve upon it.