Welcoming Boris

David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
edited August 2018 in General 7286 karma

Hi everyone,

I’m so excited to welcome our newest editor, Boris Fishman. We think that the value proposition of any admissions consulting package lies largely in editorial feedback—after all, you apply to law school by sending things you wrote—and Boris is an absolute prodigy of narrative and language. He’s written two widely acclaimed novels with a memoir on the way, published essays in just about every journal of note I can name off the top of my head, and (for heaven’s sake) edited the U.S. Senate Report on Hurricane Katrina. His job application taught me how to do my job better.

I’ve pasted his full bio below.

Boris Fishman holds a BA in Slavic Literatures and Languages from Princeton University (summa cum laude) and an MFA in fiction from New York University. He is the author of the novels A Replacement Life, which was a New York Times Notable Book of the Year and won the VCU Cabell First Novelist Award and the American Library Association’s Sophie Brody Medal, and Don’t Let My Baby Do Rodeo, which was also a New York TimesNotable Book of the Year. His work has appeared in The New Yorker, the New York Times Magazine, the New York Times Book Review, Travel & Leisure, the London Review of BooksNew York Magazine, the Wall Street Journal, the Guardian, and other publications. In an earlier life, he was on the editorial staff of The New Yorker; co-edited the U. S. Senate Report on Hurricane Katrina -- where he engaged with prose by lawyers for the first time -- and was the recipient of residencies and fellowships from the New York Foundation of the Arts and the Fine Arts Work Center in Provincetown, Massachusetts, among others. HarperCollins will publish his next book, Savage Feast, a family memoir told through recipes, in 2019. He teaches in Princeton University’s Creative Writing Program and lives in New York City. Please see www.borisfishman.com for more information.

Comments