Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcoming Three New Consultants

David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator

Hi 7Sagers,

I’ve been dreadfully remiss in introducing three new members of our team, two of whom aren’t really new anymore. Better late than never, though!

First, I want you to meet Selene Steelman, who spent the last fourteen years reviewing files at the Cardozo School of Law. Selene’s bottom-up knowledge of the entire law school admissions process has already brought a new level of depth to our consulting and editorial services. In addition to sitting on Cardozo’s Admissions Committee, Selene directed the LL.M. Admissions department, so she’s an amazing resource for our international clients—not to mention everyone else. I feel lucky to work with her!

Many of you have already benefitted from the writing expertise of Kurt Pitzer, a journalist and author who’s published two books—The Bomb in My Garden and Eating with the Enemy—that were acclaimed by the New York Times. Kurt has written for numerous magazines and newspapers, and his documentary work in Bosnia, Serbia, and Kosovo earned him the Lange-Taylor Prize. No one who receives Kurt’s feedback would be surprised to hear of his success. Sometimes I pin his editorial letters to the wall and just kinda waft my hands towards my nose while I inhale, as if his words were an incense that could make me smarter. (Hasn’t worked yet.)

Finally, I want to introduce Aaron Thier, my former classmate and hair rival at Yale. (It really wasn’t much of a contest, though. Just look at this guy). Aaron is the author of the brilliant and stunningly inventive novels The Ghost Apple (a semi-finalist for the Thurber Prize) and Mr. Eternity (a finalist for the same award). His latest book, The World is a Narrow Bridge, came out this summer. I kept hearing about Aaron and his work as I went to book-type things in New York—including the book release party for 7Sage editor Amy’s story collection—so I was thrilled when he agreed to come on board. I still am.

Say hello in the comments!

Comments

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

Yay! Some new folk!
    Thanks again to Selene for being a part of last night's office hours. And of course, to David. I love that you all do those things for us.

• Selene SteelmanSelene Steelman Free Trial Member Admissions Consultant
    2037 karma

Hello everyone! I'm so happy to be working with 7Sage as an admission consultant. I hope to demystify the application process for you.

• mjmonte17mjmonte17 Alum Member
    757 karma

Sounds like an elite group! Can't wait to purchase an admissions consulting package!

• kurt.pitzerkurt.pitzer Free Trial Member Admissions Consultant
    8 karma

Hey, everybody, I'm excited to be a part of the team. And thanks, David, for the ringing endorsement!

• Aaron ThierAaron Thier Member Administrator Admissions Consultant
    33 karma

Hi all! So happy to join the team. And to be perfectly transparent: My hair just serves to hide my unusually tall head. A secret I'd never have revealed in the old days, but now it's a relief to come clean.

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    edited November 2018 11542 karma

@"David.Busis" I truly believe this team of yours will break the internet. Incredible profiles! Welcome @"selene.steelman" , @"kurt.pitzer" , and @"aaron.thier" ! :blush:

• cdaddario2cdaddario2 Member
    362 karma

Wow, great resumes, impressive experiences......NOW GET ME INTO YALE!!!!
    Kidding.
    It is great to watch the 7-Sage team grow. The potential of the business has grown with the addition of such talented people.
    7-Sage, thanks for continuing to invest back in your company. The resources offered to us clients or customers/students, whatever you call us, makes me ever more comfortable sharing my positive experiences relying on 7-Sage with anyone who is in need of LSAT help.
    Selene, Kurt and Aaron; nice to meet you electronically. You are joining a wonderful group of professionals.