Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

February LSAT Score

Ben SchnellBen Schnell Alum Member
in General 54 karma
Congratulations to everyone who went grey yesterday and thanks to everyone for being so helpful during the waiting threads.

I just want to say to anyone who it might affect, please don't be discouraged by people posting high scores, or scores higher than you. You received a percentile grade and for everyone here that posts above you, there are likely some people not posting who are below you.

The important things with respect to your score are that its enough for you for where you want to go. The internet, and less so here, more so on other LSAT boards, tends to be flooded with people disappointed by anything that isn't Hardvard/Yale/Stanford. Of course we can't all go there. Nor should we want to. There are just as many people that have successful law careers going to regional schools, and there are many people who attend HYS and don't even amount to much. Not to discourage anyone from trying to attend these schools of course. All I'm trying to say is, if you set a plan, and achieved the score you needed, congratulations, and don't be discouraged by anyone elses scores here.

To anyone that didn't achieve the score they wanted, I wish you all the best! I'll be re-writing myself so I understand your feeling. If this was your second time writing, I hope you improved from your first.

Comments

• jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    +1 Solid take away here! Think of your score individually and where it falls on your spectrum and the road to your goals, not other peoples.

Also dont be too hard on yourself if you scored below your average... it happens to many and many retake for a killer score, and you can too
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    This is a perfect post. Thanks!!
  • SapphireSapphire Alum Member
    289 karma
    thank you so much @Ben Schnell. Those words were so uplifting, you have no idea. I plan on retaking in June but in the meantime I have to start applying now with this score. I'm hoping that my personal statements will help me get into my dream schools (none of which are even the top 50). Thank you so much.
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    Such a great post! Don't let anything discourage you from your journey!
  • Marie4lawschoolMarie4lawschool Alum Member
    359 karma
    Absolutely agree! We will all end up going somewhere great and will make the most of it. I'm definitely headed to law school this summer or fall - it'll just take a few more weeks to decide where exactly. Keep your eye on the prize, everyone :)
    2654 karma
    The difference between a 173 and 178 isn't as big as you think
  • Ben SchnellBen Schnell Alum Member
    54 karma
    As long as you worked hard and got close to what you wanted and what you're capable of, that's all thats important.

And @rachelHaw, since you specifically gave your score, you're luckily at the top of the echelon. The difference between 173 to 178 - while still a difference - isn't going to really make a big difference in where you want to go. You're at the top of the scale.
  • NYC12345NYC12345 Alum Inactive Sage
    1654 karma
    @rachelHaw Why would you retake the LSAT if your scored a 173? Your score is high enough to get into every school from #4-#200, with a shot at HYS. You will also receive a substantial amount of money from a T14.
    2654 karma
    unless you are shooting for Yale a lower score shouldn't really make a difference. @alexandergreene93 Yes a 173 is an awesome score but a 175/6 could add a nice amount of $ on top of any admissions decision. You also are leaving out the consideration of GPA. If a splitter the few points can mean even more. Why settle when you know you have more in you
  • Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    3438 karma
    Yeah I personally would not be in favor of retaking with a 173... that said every person's choice is their own and what might not be good for me would be good for someone else. I missed 7 whole questions on the December test and ended up with a 167, I was planning on retaking but i ended up with a T14 so I decided not to... while I loved studying for this test, I do realize that it is a means to an end and not an end in and off itself... That said... the benefit to a retake has never been more... as schools will only count your highest score... though it still would feel bad if a 173 were followed up with a 169, I doubt that in the overall scheme of things it would make much of a difference from 4 downwards.
  • blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
    3545 karma
    I'm more in line with jdawg. The difference between a 173 and a 178 is astronomical both in terms of acceptances and scholarship opportunities. The worst is you prepare to study, realize you're not averaging in the high 170s, and cancel, or cancel because of egregious testing conditions. The best is you get accepted to schools you weren't previously a viable candidate for and more scholarship money from the school you initially wanted to attend.
    1654 karma
    @"Nilesh S" If you don't mind me asking, which T14 did you get into with a 167? The reason I'm asking is because I am scoring in that range on PTs.
    2654 karma
    I mean GPA plays a huge roll at that level as well. For someone with a 3.9 GPA the difference between a 173 and 178 is really not too huge, would be similar to the difference in a 173-175 and a bit more money depending on the school, but when splitting (large or small) you want to make up for the GPA as much as possible with the LSAT and that difference becomes much more impactful with a lower 3 GPA
    edited March 2015 3438 karma
    @alexandergreene93 Georgetown.... and you will be good for others too - trust me on that one...
    1654 karma
    Sounds great. I'm hoping for Cornell, Georgetown, and UVA (hopefully my 4.0 gap will give me a boost).
    edited March 2015 3438 karma
    With a 4.0 and a 167 you will likely make it through more than just the lower half of T14... your target schools according to Law school matcher should be Stanford.Chicago, Columbia, NYU, Penn and the rest of the T14 from thereon down. That said, there is PLENTY of time till June... and if you make a full effort and raise your score.... you will likely go anywhere you want... even HY
    2654 karma
    @alexandergreene93 http://mylsn.info/d7vve0/ keep pushing and add on a few points and you can start seeing some pretty decent money at those schools
    1654 karma
    I'm just hoping that my LSAT reflects my PT average. I keep hearing stories of people going down substantially on the actual exam.
    3438 karma
    Depends... I've not had that happen to me... people have... I think the trick is to test like there's no pressure... like you're answering another PT...