Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How strict is the LSAC with certain classes..

DanielB84DanielB84 Alum Member
in General 95 karma

Hello everyone,

I took three classes for my Psychiatric Technician program (Psych Nursing) and each of them were 15 units each. My grades were C, C,and B (ouch). Any chance the LSAC won't count these? They were done at my community college but they did not count at all for my bachelors degree.

Comments

• mynameisjeffmynameisjeff Member
    519 karma

First off, welcome to the 7sage community man!

A place where we help each, work with each other and most of all support each other! LOL

In all seriousness, the LSAC accounts for all grades in graduate or professional school work. You have to request a transcript from any graduate, law, medical, or professional institutions where you have completed coursework.

I'm not an expert in LSAC or the admission process, just telling you what I've heard and read!

I hope this answers your question man!

Again, welcome to the 7sage family. Best LSAT family there is.

• eRetakereRetaker Free Trial Member
    2043 karma

Pretty strict and it doesn't matter if those classes were considered for your Bachelor's. Every class you took before you received your first Bachelor's counts, and you might as well send in the transcripts now to see what you're working with.

519 karma

@eRetaker said:
    Pretty strict and it doesn't matter if those classes were considered for your Bachelor's. Every class you took before you received your first Bachelor's counts, and you might as well send in the transcripts now to see what you're working with.

bingo!

• DanielB84DanielB84 Alum Member
    95 karma

Thanks y'all! This is what I was afraid of. I am going to visit my schools and inquire just in case but ill be sending my transcripts asap. Thanks a bunch y'all. Hopefully I can help out as well.

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    edited August 2018 3652 karma

You have to send in all of your transcripts, even after/before your bachelors. I had to submit a transcript for a certificate course at a UC extension school. If you took it before/during the course of getting your bachelors it will be counted. if by some miracle it isn’t counted toward your gpa, it still has to be submitted to LSAC.

95 karma

@"surfy surf" roger well I guess they are getting the whole picture haha. On the bright side if I do get selected into a t14 at least I know that they accepted me wholeheartedly. Thanks for the info.

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    3652 karma

@DanielB84 said:
    @"surfy surf" roger well I guess they are getting the whole picture haha. On the bright side if I do get selected into a t14 at least I know that they accepted me wholeheartedly. Thanks for the info.

Focus on the lsat instead of trying to beat the system by hiding classes lol

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Any chance this was done after your bachelor's? If it was, then it won't count toward your cumulative GPA. If it was prior to your bachelor's, then it will. And either way, you will definitely have to submit it, as the others said.

95 karma

@"Leah M B" It was before unfortunately. It is ok though I wasn't planning to hide it or anything. I was just hoping the LSAC doesn't count it when they generate my GPA.

519 karma

Hey, don't be so hard on yourself about GPA. The LSAT is also a big part of the application process. Do well on that and it for sure make up for your GPA!

Best of luck!