Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Finding RC passages by question types?

jzzravenjzzraven Alum Member
in General 140 karma

I’m trying to drill inference questions in RC. Is it possible to pull up a list of inference RC questions/passages that have inference questions?

All of the tags I see in the question bank relate to the subject of the passage, whereas I can tell from analytics that each question is broken down by type somewhere on 7Sage. Thanks!

Comments

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    2531 karma

Even if you could find inference type questions, you still have to read the passage. Doesn't it just make sense to drill passages in the category that you struggle with? Most passages will have inference level questions anyway

• BamboosproutBamboosprout Alum Member
    edited August 2018 1694 karma

@jzzraven said:
    I’m trying to drill inference questions in RC. Is it possible to pull up a list of inference RC questions/passages that have inference questions?

All of the tags I see in the question bank relate to the subject of the passage, whereas I can tell from analytics that each question is broken down by type somewhere on 7Sage. Thanks!

I know what you mean, since I had the same thought a while back. But I realized that, unlike LR questions, focusing on a question type doesn't really improve RC. Instead, you have to change your active reading method. For example, if you're having trouble with perspective inference questions, then you have to incorporate active reading techniques that circle words denoting bias or emotion, or underline every addition of a new perspective in the passage, or something along those lines. Doing more questions of a type doesn't help with developing this skill. You just have to read more, but with an active focus in mind.

• jzzravenjzzraven Alum Member
    140 karma

@Bamboosprout this is very helpful - thank you so much!!!

• BamboosproutBamboosprout Alum Member
    1694 karma

@jzzraven said:
    @Bamboosprout this is very helpful - thank you so much!!!

Hope I can help. Another thing that helped me a lot was watching JY do live RC sections and seeing what he actually pays attention to, as oppose to the explanations, where he goes into way more detail than is actually necessary, and can actually be detrimental to actual test taking techniques.
    Also, I tried hard to follow this:
    https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/10749/my-rc-strategy-that-got-me-to-0
    It was very difficult to actually put much of this into practice. Try reading it yourself, and see what you get out of it first. For me, by refining it down to 2 points, reflecting on the relationship of perspectives, and purpose of each paragraph, I was able to boost my understanding by quite a bit.