Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Big Day

Sue Doe NimbSue Doe Nimb Alum Member
in General 183 karma

Hey everyone! What should be done on the day before the LSAT? I've heard that it's a big no-no to study, but wanted to hear your thoughts.
Additionally, what should you do the morning of?
Thanks in advance!

Comments

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    2531 karma

I think that you should try to regulate your sleep schedule and your morning routing in the week leading up to the exam. Make sure that you are eating a big meal in the morning so that you will have the energy to get through the whole test. Personally, I am going to swim the morning of, just a few relaxed laps to get the mind-body connection going.

The day before, I am going to meditate as much as I can, eat well and do some light exercise.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

I would highly advise not studying the day before and only lightly studying that week. Definitely get into a good habit of sleeping well and being able to get up early feeling well rested.

For my first LSAT, I took the full day off work the day before, went out to my favorite breakfast spot, ran a couple errands, went to a fun movie, ate a good dinner, went to bed early. Highly recommend something like that. Take the day to relax, do something fun but not taxing, get to bed early.

The morning of, make sure to eat a solid breakfast high in protein that will keep you full. I had 2 eggs, 2 slices of peanut butter toast and a banana. Also recommend some type of lgbt exercise that will get your blood flowing and brain functioning early. I took a brisk walk. Some people like to do warm up exercises, some easy LR questions, an easy game you’ve done before. Just enough to get in the zone. You can either print and bring with you to do at the site or in your car (make sure not to bring in the room though), or I did mine at home right before leaving.

It’s a good idea to test run your breakfast and snack to make sure you don’t have issues. Whether or not you want to drink coffee is a big personal choice. I didn’t because i was nervous of having to use the restroom too early. I swapped out for green tea which worked well. But you should take a day to go through your routine and eat the same food you plan on to make sure it keeps you full enough and don’t have to go to the bathroom during the first half of test.

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

Do whatever has worked for you in the past. I doubt this is the first time you've sat for an exam.

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

I think the only studying you should do the day before (if you really really feel like you want to study) is going through the warmup routine you plan to use on the morning of the LSAT. I'd also suggest waking up at the time you need to wake up for the test every day the week of the test

• ad_coelumad_coelum Alum Member
    285 karma

I echo the above advice -- it's best to keep your regular routine. Like, no downing a new energy drink you've never had before on the morning of.

• Nunuboy1994Nunuboy1994 Free Trial Member
    346 karma

Cbd helps a lot

• Sue Doe NimbSue Doe Nimb Alum Member
    183 karma

@Nunuboy1994 what's Cbd?

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

CBD is Cannabidiol. It's a marijuana derivative with the THC (the stuff that gets you high) removed.

• Nunuboy1994Nunuboy1994 Free Trial Member
    346 karma

I tried cbd myself and it worked very well. Of course, you want make sure you get THC free cbd products since there no sense in getting stoned before an exam. Look up TKO terpenes cbd j or cbd edibles- these work a lot like a natural Xanax. One of my friends even quit Xanax and adderall and now just uses cbd occasionally in collaboration with a better diet and more exercise.

• BamboosproutBamboosprout Alum Member
    1694 karma

The day before test day, I like to wake up even earlier than the normal routine, so that I'm pretty sleepy by the time I usually go to sleep, and get get a deeper sleep.