Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Start to end did you improve?

lsatstudy18lsatstudy18 Alum Member
in General 156 karma

Hi everyone,

I just want some insight on your experiences from when you first started studying to the current point or even end point which you already took the Lsat and got your score. Did you see a massive improvement from the cold test till now?

Comments

• Pride Only HurtsPride Only Hurts Alum Member
    2186 karma

I first started really studying at the beginning of the year. My cold diagnostic was a 147 and right now I'm PTing around a 165. I'm taking the test in November and I've only completed 6 Timed Practice tests thus far so I have plenty of room for improvement left!

After I got through the CC the first time around I was PTing around a 155. I started taking PTs and drilling too early so not only did I go months without real improvement, I wasted a lot of the early material. (I bought the PT books from amazon and used the PTs up until 50-60 for drilling. Basically what I did was dozens of timed LG and LR sections. I'd do a section and score it. (Don't do this). Eventually I watched the webinar about "what to do after you complete the 7sage course". They say if your BR score is not a few points about your target score then you need to work on your fundamentals. The idea there is "how can you pull off a 170 or 160 if you can't even get that score in an untimed review?"

There were times when my scores fluctuated like crazy and even times where my LR scores dropped below my old "pre 7 sage" scores. There were times were I really thought I didn't have the brains to pull off the improvement I was fighting for. But if you take the time to do it right, you'll improve.

Sidenote Like many people in the 7 Sage Community, I am studying while also working full time. It's helpful to space out your studying timeline if you're in that boat because studying after a full day of work can be draining.

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    edited September 2018 5320 karma

Pre-7Sage: 148 diagnostic (August 2016). 159 official score (December 2016)
    7Sage: 164 official score (June 2018). 174 official score (July 2018).

• lsatstudy18lsatstudy18 Alum Member
    156 karma

That awesome to hear that! @"Pride Only Hurts" I know exactly what your going through. Im currently working full time and taking a couple of online courses at a community college just to keep my mind sharp. I graduated with my BA in 2016.

@NotMyName That's an outstanding improvement!

Thank you for your input!

• BamboosproutBamboosprout Alum Member
    1694 karma

My score went up about 7 points over 6 months. I didn't feel like it was a massive jump, but the biggest difference was that I now know why I get every question wrong.

@NotMyName said:
    Pre-7Sage: 148 diagnostic (August 2016). 159 official score (December 2016)
    7Sage: 164 official score (June 2018). 174 official score (July 2018).

What.... 10 point jump in one month...? How?

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

@Bamboosprout it wasn’t really a 10 point jump, I scored below my PT average in June and had a great day in July.

• eRetakereRetaker Free Trial Member
    2043 karma

Took my first full-length PT three months after studying fundamentals so never had a true cold diagnostic, but I would assume it would've been around low to mid 150s. First official score was 170 and second official score was 178.

• 16 karma

I took my diagnostic and scored a 154 at the end of May 2018. Based on my gpa I need a 160 to be competitive for entering my ideal program. I write the actual exam in a few days and am fairly nervous! I was scoring basically the same as my diagnostic just after the CC, and then slightly increased to 159 a few weeks after that. A two weeks later I saw my PT increase level off at 161 and now have hit 167+ twice now, with my PR overall being hit today.

• ChaimtheGreatChaimtheGreat Alum Member 🍌🍌
    1277 karma

My diagnostic was a inflated 161 (took logic in undergrad- the course was kind of geared toward LSAT). My first take was a 169 which was 4 points below my PT average. Retook the LSAT and got a 177. I read the Powerscore LG bible but besides that, it was all 7Sage. I think I am proof of 7Sage's ability to get test takers over the hump.